Why The Start Of School Kinda Sucks

Going back to college is not the same fun as back to school time when you're younger. There is not excitement about picking out a new backpack and fancy pair of shoes. You don't need folders with cute puppies or kittens on them. And you're not the coolest person in school if you have the 64 pack of Crayola crayons. Instead you're welcomed back to college with the realization that you are most definitely still broke, textbooks just made you consider selling your blood plasma, and syllabus week really isn't a "joke." Professors don't really give you a long drawn out speech about their favorite things that take up an entire class period anymore. You get a firm we have homework due next class and everyone needs the $100 textbook greeting. Not to mention you have to wake up early and start reading again which that a lone isn't pleasant. Then after all the start of school mess, you wind up with the flu or a cold because you are living in a petri dish of bacteria known as a college campus. This all may sound kind of negative, but it is more of a way to relate to everyone who is going through it right now and wondering how is it only the second week. The thing to keep in mind is it will get better and you will ultimately get back in the hang of managing the workload that college dumps on you. Starting something from the beginning can seem very overwhelming and really just plain crappy sometimes, but it will work out. The quiz you failed right off the bat will even out after a whole semester worth of work in the grade book so try your best not to stress. We are all going through this mess together.