Start The Cycle Of Smiling!

When I think of the people in tall office buildings or the busy streets of NYC, I can’t help but think of dull faces, just trying to run through their day and their work. Personally, seeing people like that really puts a downer on my day and makes me realize how powerful smiling is. In high school I heard over and over, “You never know what someone is going through, a smile could honestly save a life”, and this is a phrase I have found surprisingly accurate. A smile can be infectious. A smile can put someone in the right state of mind for the rest of the day. But, I think the best thing about smiling at someone is the contagiousness of it. The person you smile at normally then smiles at someone else and so on. The cycle continues.

If only we had more people to start the cycle…

There is absolutely nothing I love more than seeing someone laugh about a joke, or watching someone’s face glow when one of their favorite songs comes on. Smiling is good for the soul, and can make you feel better on the inside, as well as on the out. It’s a little self-confidence boost that can go a long way. So don’t be afraid to start the cycle.