Start The Chain Reaction Of Kindness

Start The Chain Reaction Of Kindness

It only takes a spark to get a fire glowing.

846
Start The Chain Reaction Of Kindness
Wordpress

The world needs more positivity. It seems all we hear on the news are murder, danger, and corruption. People wonder how the world got like this, but our connection with the rest of the world hits closer to home than we'd like. A prosperous society begins with a progressive mind and a generous heart.

We are each blessed with so much love and support in our lives from friends and family, along with countless material possessions that we seldom recognize. We never really need anything more, we just want. We want to make our lives easier and better than someone else's. It's that mentality that makes for a dog-eat-dog kind of world.

Helping out those in need is a glorified and rewarding action. But it seems like all we ever do is talk it up without actually doing anything. Sacrificing money or going out of your comfort zone are difficult things to do, but if we all chose to be a little selfless here and there, imagine how loving the world could become. If we just gave up part of our day or a few extra bucks we could brighten someone's day and start a chain reaction of selfless actions.

Have you ever noticed how great you feel after receiving a compliment on your outfit, a augh, or a job well-done? Complimenting someone puts them in a much better mood and remains in the back of their head for days. It makes them feel noticed, special, and just plain happy.

Or what about how blessed you feel when the vehicle ahead of you pays for your meal at the drive-thru? You were the target of a simple act of kindness but also saved a little money in the process. It makes you think to yourself that maybe humanity isn't doomed after all, that maybe there still are a few decent people left in the world.

Why can't we all feel that good every day? Who says that spark of kindness has to die down? It's up to you to start the chain reaction.

If you compliment someone on their smile as you pass by them, that just might give them the confidence to stand up a little taller and feel good in their own skin. Because of you, they might pass on that good feeling and say something nice to a stranger in line at the grocery store. You never know the impact your actions might have on those around you, but you can control how much positivity you contribute.

Paying for a stranger's meal at a restaurant will instantly make their day, guaranteed. And with the money they save, they might just feel generous enough to pass on the good karma and treat another family to a free meal.

Even simple acts of kindness that have no initial or direct reaction are powerful. Things like giving blood, donating clothes to a thrift store, or volunteering to take a role in your community lift the weight off of someone else's shoulders and genuinely help make their lives easier. Yes, it might inconvenience you for a couple of hours, but sacrificing something small in your life could have a huge impact on someone else's life. Improving the life of someone else should be enough reason to do it. You should have the mindset of how you can help the world, not how the world can help you.

You don't even realize how much of an impact you can have on those around you. You might claim that no one is affected by your actions or that your good deeds have always gone unnoticed. But that's not true at all. Our lives are all connected and we feed off of one another. Positivity spreads like wildfire, but someone has to ignite the flame.

Your words and actions matter, so start living like they do. Let's all start making the world a better place, one selfless heart at a time.