Burn Boot Camp

I Started Going To 'Burn Boot Camp' And So Should You

It was the hardest thing I've done in terms of working out but it was also the most rewarding.

62

A couple of weeks ago, two of my roommates started attending 'Burn Boot Camp'. I had heard a good bit about burn and decided that I wanted to give it a shot. My location was offering a promotion so I thought why not? The next morning we were all up and ready to go by 6:15 am, I didn't really know what to expect but I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I was so right.

The next 45 min was the longest 45 min of my life and also some of the hardest. My body hated me for what I was putting it through but I had decided I had been out of shape for much too long and that I wasn't putting up with it anymore. After we finished the workout my body felt numb and sore. I could barely move my arms. And my roommates were in the same boat as me.

The next morning we were all much slower to get up and get going but we made it and we did the workout, which was still hard. Everyone kept saying it would get easier and I knew it wasn't going to happen right away, but I was hoping it would be soon. I've never been a morning person so I hoped getting up early would become easier too.

After my first day at Burn, I noticed, almost immediately, the shift in my attitude, my attention in class was better, I felt more accomplished and motivated to take on the day. I used to hate waking up early but I began to see the benefits of it. A downside is that I'm a night owl so sometimes I'm running on very little sleep. But waking up early allows me to better prepare for my day, not feel rushed in the mornings, and overall live a healthier life.

Starting my day off with a workout instead of a rushed morning routine before I hustle to my first class changed my mindset about the day. I no longer start days off on the wrong foot because the exercise releases endorphins in my body.

I knew I wanted to make a lifestyle change but going to the gym just wasn't cutting it for me. I felt like I wasn't maximizing my time there and that I wasn't pushing myself because there was no one there to hold me accountable. At Burn, I'm with my friends and the other people at the camp who all support one another. The instructors push to the max because they know I can do it and call me out when I'm not giving it my all. I feel supported, welcomed, and encouraged whenever I go to Burn and that's what a workout environment should be.

Another reason I enjoy Burn is that everyone is doing things at their own pace. It could take you three minutes to finish a station but could take someone else only one minute but that's okay. Everyone is different but what matters is that you give it your all. I don't feel pressured to keep up with the person beside but I do feel motivated to complete the station to the best of my ability.

I would recommend Burn to any one of my friends or family and I encourage all of them to give it a try. If you're not a morning person, I encourage you to give it a try and see if you notice a difference in your day, but there are afternoon camps if you REALLY hate the morning.

If you've been thinking about, try the free 14-day trial and if you haven't been thinking about it, you should.