Starbucks drinks mostly all taste the same.
Food Drink

The Truth Is, Most Starbucks Drinks Taste Pretty Much The Same

Starbucks offers many different beverage options, but also very few.

1083
https://pixabay.com/en/starbucks-coffee-drinks-bricks-922862/

Alright, I'm just going to say it, because it needs to be said. We've all been thinking it, but have been too scared to admit it for too long. The truth is, the majority of Starbucks drinks taste pretty much the same.

It's shocking news, I know, and it's probably not something that our country needs to deal with right now. But, that doesn't change the fact that it's true. I'll say it again; many beloved Starbucks drinks taste pretty much the same.

It seems like every few months, Starbucks unveils some brand new beverage, supposedly unlike any offering the company has had before. But, this supposedly brand new drink usually tastes similar to other Starbucks drinks, with only a very small amount of deviation.

Many devoted Starbucks fans line up to try every new drink the store comes out with, only to be continually disappointed by the fact that the drink tastes similar to the ones they have tried before.

I have a theory that maybe every time Starbucks wants to come out with a new drink, they take the recipe from one of their current beverages and simply switch out one of the ingredients, thus creating what they claim to be a brand new beverage. It's a trick that many devoted Starbs fans have fallen for time and time again. What's worse is that Starbucks will probably continue to get away with this, due to the tight hold the company has successfully gained upon the coffee-drinking world.

In terms of similar drinks, Starbucks may have hit a new low with the release of the Ultra Caramel Frappuccino. I tried it, and I couldn't help but think that it tasted very similar to a certain other Starbucks beverage. Maybe, perhaps, the regular Caramel Frappuccino? I mean come on, are we really supposed to believe that there is actually a noticeable difference between these two drinks? Is the new one really "Ultra?" Or, did Starbucks take the original Caramel Frap and throw in some extra caramel sauce and whipped cream to create a supposedly brand new beverage? I can't say for sure, but something tells me that the two drinks are very, very similar.

I won't say that every single Starbucks drink tastes the exact same, but most of them seem to taste very similar to something else on the menu, something that is supposedly completely different. So, Starbucks probably has three or four base beverage recipes, and most of their drinks are probably built on some sort of variation of one of those recipes. How very clever of you, Starbucks. You think you can pull a fast one on consumers, but no longer.

Next time you go into a Starbucks, ask your barista some questions. Ask the difference between the regular Caramel Frap and the Ultra one. Ask the difference between the Caramel Macchiato and the Caramel Brulee Latte, or the difference between a Vanilla Latte and a White Chocolate Mocha. Or, pick any drink on the menu and ask them what makes that specific drink unique. Your goal should be to ruin your poor barista's day by testing the limits of his or her Starbucks beverage knowledge.

On the bright side, the Starbucks menu is not nearly as complicated as it looks, because no matter what you order, it's going to be pretty much the same thing. Most Starbucks drinks taste pretty similar, but will that deter anyone from enjoying an overpriced beverage there? Probably not.

Why? Because even though they all taste the same, they are all absolutely delicious. In fact, as I sit here and write this, I'm starting to crave a cup of coffee, so I'll probably take a trip to Starbucks in a few minutes.