5 Quotes To Help You Stand Up To The Stigma

When we think of being healthy, normally we think of eating, exercising, and our physical appearance; however, being healthy is so much more than that. We often forget that our mental and emotional well-being is just as important.

Mental illness is defined as any condition, which affects a person's mood, feeling, or thinking. This includes anxiety and depression, which 350 million people suffer from worldwide. This is not something to be taken lightly as it is a huge problem. People everywhere are feeling the effects that mental illness can have. It happens everywhere, and chances are you are probably close to some of those who are affected every day. Mental illness takes over thoughts, actions, moods, and entire lives. It consumes people, makes them not want to get out of bed or carry on with their day to day activities.

We should want this to end. We should want people to have access to the help they need and want so badly. This starts with being aware of the problem and being kind to everyone around you. We don't know what other people are going through, we don't understand their lives, we don't need to know or understand. We just need to support each other and build each other up through the good and bad things that life throws at us.

These five quotes are things we can remind each other of through whatever is to come next.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.