Stages of Texting Your Crush First

Stages of Texting Your Crush First

It's a rollercoaster of emotions!

309
Stages of Texting Your Crush First
Tumblr

You know the struggle of texting first. You go through a roller coaster of emotions before sending that message that took you too long to craft. You think about it too much, and there is nothing worse that not getting a response from the guy who you just texted. If you have been the one who texts him first, you know these emotions a little too well.

1. Indecision:

You have stared at your phone for hours. You don't know if you should write the text or just continue with your life. You even crafted a mental pro's and con's list and came up with all the possible scenarios on what could happen if you do compose that text and hit the sent button.

2. Look for external validation:

What are friends for if not to approve/disapprove every decision you make? Of course you already texted all your group chats, ask for advice, told your friends all about the possible scenarios or outcomes of you texting him first, and listened to all the responses from them

3. Compose the text and it be approved:

After you analyzed the whole situation and listen to your friends, you decide is time to craft that message. You write several options, trying to find one that is flirty but not too clingy, happy but not too eager, and cute but not desperate.

4. Chicken out:

You did it, you came up with the perfect text. It is everything you hoped it would be. It shows how down-to-earth you are but it could also lead to flirtatious text from him as an answer. You copy/paste the final draft from the group chat, and you stare at your screen for a few minutes. Of course, you chicken out and start paranoid and overthink the consequences of hitting sent.

5. Get more validation and seek for girl power vibes:

You realized that chickening out is not an option, after all you are a strong, some-what independent woman who can do whatever she sets her mind to. But you still need some encouragement from your friends and thanks to the Queen Bey quotes they sent you, you feel powerful and motivated to send the text.

6. Hit Sent, proceed to freak out:

Hitting sent is not a big deal, it is just a button after all. You freak out about the consequences this might bring you. The scenarios in your head start to have terrible endings, and you can't help but think the worst; he hates you. You regret the decision of sending the text.

7. No f***s given:

A few minutes have passed and no answers from him. You refresh the app a couple of times, check Snapchat to see if him he posted a story or checked yours. After no signs from him you start to realize that this is not worth it. Now, you have the time to be your own person!

8. Freak out (again):

It's been hours, and that "feeling yourself" phase went away. You start to freak out about him not answering because you already picked up your wedding date and your children's names.

9. Sadness:

After hours of no answer whatsoever, he didn't even like your cute Instagram picture. You are sure he hates you, he doesn't want to see you ever again and he is probably having a blast with another girl.

10. Feel proud of yourself:

Even if he is not texting you back, at least you put yourself out there and tried something new. You are a queen, a bad a**, nothing can ruin you because if you survived this, then you

And then, after hours and hours of stress, frustration and sadness he replies: "watsup"