10 Stages Of Seeing Your Pet For The First Time In Months

No matter how much time passes, you'll never fur-get your pet

7

Going home for Thanksgiving is awesome for a lot of reasons: the food, the warm atmosphere, family and, most importantly, reuniting with your pets. Personally, there is no feeling like the feeling I get when I’m finally able to hold my cat after four months of separation. She may not particularly enjoy it when I squeeze her to near-death. It may be annoying to the whole house when I chase her around screeching her name in the highest pitch possible. I certainly don’t care if she gives me the look of disdain and sass when I pet her possessively like Dr. Evil. I can’t help it; she is my little baby and one of the cutest felines I have ever had the pleasure of acquainting myself with.

If you are like me (and I hope you are), you know just as well as I do the elation and pure joy you get when finally seeing your pet for the first time in a while. You might be familiar with some of the different stages of emotions that come with your reunion and your all-to-soon departure.

1) Initial excitement

2) Unrequited happiness

3) Snuggles abound

4) Clinginess

5) Peace and contentment

6) Jealousy when they pay attention to someone else

7) Denial that you’ll be leaving soon

8) Occasional tears when you realize how soon you have to say good bye

9) Tighter snuggling

10) Tearful kisses and promises of return

Now, these may not go in any particular order and maybe you only experience some of them, but I know you can relate if you have a pet at home. Pets are super important to a lot of people, and someone like me who has a really tight bond with their pet knows that no matter how much the distance grows and how much time passes, there is nothing that could change the love and connection that is there.

Hopefully there isn’t too much time that passes before you get to see your pet or pets. I know I get to see my kitty in another 20 days! The best part about getting all excited to see my cat is that even though she doesn’t know when she’ll see me next, when she does see me she’s just as excited and elated as I am. That is a love that I hope everyone gets the opportunity to feel in their lifetimes.