The 6 Stages Of Packing Up And Moving Home For The Summer

The last obstacle between you and summer isn't a final, it's packing up your dorm.

92
Instagram

The end of winter semester is here, and it is already time to go home for summer break. By the time y'all are reading this, I will have moved out of my dorm in back into my house in Toledo. Those of you who know me, know that packing is the bane of my existence. Trying to pack up virtually all of your belongings in the middle of finals week is not something I would wish on my worst enemy, but it has to be done. With that being said, here are six things I experienced while packing to move home for the summer.

1. Procrastination

I keep telling myself, "well my checkout time isn't until Friday at 1:00pm, so do I really have to do this right now?"

2. Frustration

When I finally decided to start, I took a look around the room and realized that I had brought way too much stuff up here with me.

3. Sadness

I guess a better word to use here would've been sentimental because as I was packing, I was thinking about all of the good times that have happened and all of the memories that were made here.

4. Frustration Part II.

After my pity party, I took another look around the room again and realized I had barely made a dent in this process.

5. Acceptance

Eventually, I came to terms with the fact that I needed to move on with this process so all I would have to do on move out day is turn in my keys to my RA.

6. Relief

I finally finished and was able to move out of my 12x12 home away from home. I took a sigh of relief as I loaded everything in my car; just to realize I would have to undo all of this in an hour when I get to Toledo and then redo all of it four months when I come back to Ypsi.