The 7 Stages Of Missing Your Dog In College

I miss you Biscuit!

209
Sophia Elkotni

Being away at college can be really tough.

Saying goodbye to my dog is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I am constantly thinking about him and wondering what he's doing.

Here is a list of stages every college student goes through when they are away from their dog.

1. Posting pictures everywhere

Everyone who follows you on social media knows that you miss your dog. Basically every other week you're posting about him in some way.

2. Facetiming your dog

I know I'm not alone in doing this. I'd facetime my mom and ask to speak to my dog. I probably confuse him more than anything, but it makes me feel somewhat better.

3. Petting other dogs

Every time I see a dog on campus, a smile quickly spreads across my face. And if the dog is friendly, I am so eager to pet it.

4. You tell everyone about your dog back home

I work in retail, and last week I told this random lady about my dog, good thing she was as enthusiastic about him as I was. I even ended up getting out my phone and showing her a picture of his cute little face.

5. You try to convince yourself that it's not that bad

This never works. It is really bad. How could you just leave him like that?

6. You ask people back home to send you pictures of your dog

Of course, Face Timing every day is unrealistic, so instead you ask for videos and pictures constantly.

7. You count down the days until you get to see your dog

This is probably the only thing that keeps you going in life.