How Every College Girl Feels On Thanksgiving Day

8 Moods Every College Girl Feels Coming Home For A LONG Thanksgiving Weekend

How can we transition from excitement to agony to guilt so quickly?

2673

Most people experience Thanksgiving in a similar way. It's the one holiday that is under-appreciated and overpowered by it's neighboring holiday Christmas. However, it's the most important time of the year to spend with family. As Thanksgiving approaches, here are the eight typical stages of the celebration that everyone experiences in a similar way.

Stage 1: Agony

You look over at your alarm and it's 8 a.m. Why do you have to get up so early when you're technically on Thanksgiving break?

Stage 2: Excitement 

After you wake up and get ready for the day you start to think about turkey and stuffing, and suddenly your mood changes.

Stage 3: Stress

You get to your family gathering and haven't seen most of them since you left for fall semester. You have so many stories to tell, where do you start?

Stage 4: Helpfulness

Help your grandma cook for gosh sakes!!!

Stage 5: Relief

You've done your part helping, and caught up with your relatives, the turkey is cooking, and the plates are set out. It's time to feast!

Stage 6: Guilt

Why did you decide to go back for FOUR MORE SLICES of turkey and another heap of mashed potatoes? You feel like you could burst any minute.

Stage 7: Sadness. 

The celebration is over. You miss your family already, and have a harsh realization that when you go back to school it's...finals week.

Stage 8: Relaxation.

With all that turkey in your stomach, you know you're about to have the best sleep of your life.

I know most college students can relate. Happy Thanksgiving!