10 Feelings We All Experience When Returning Home For Thanksgiving

I am the turkey, and the turkey is me.

17
AMC Networks

Thanksgiving week is upon us, and it is only fair that us college students catch up on all of the sleep we have been missing and eat all the food we have been craving. Coming home for the holidays certainly does have its perks, and there are some feelings that we all can absolutely relate to when it means we're home for a few days. Here is 10 of those feelings that are all too real with Thanksgiving break this week.

1. Seeing your dog for the first time...

"I'll never leave you again...I swear, okay?"

2. ...And then seeing your bed.

Stage 1: The greatest kind of giddy. Stage 2: The flop-over. Stage 3: Instant and long-lasting zzzzz's.

3. Reuniting with your hometown friends.

Literally inseparable.

4. Waking up early to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.

It is the magic of Macy's.

5. Asking your mom 100,854,382 times before 11:00 a.m. if the food is ready yet.

On this one day of the year, happy hour IS dinner hour. We're allowed to be impatient.

6. Digging in, stretched pants, and second stomachs for pumpkin pie.

I am the turkey. The turkey is me. Talk about a food baby.

7. When the relatives ask you, "What's your major? What are you planning on doing with that? Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? How many extracurriculars are you involved with? Are you volunteering around campus? Do you have a job? What classes are you taking? How are your grades? How do you feel about Trump/Hillary/*insert political conversation-starter here*?"

Another year, another interrogation. Just smile and wave, kids. Just smile and wave.

8. The post-food coma hits.

Any surface becomes a napping surface.

9. Waking up at 3 a.m. for shopping on Black Friday (and fighting someone for the $4 sweater you just had to have).

We're not crazy. We're students. We're broke.

10. Remembering all the work you have to get done before you get back to campus but settling in with a bowl of popcorn and watching 15 hours of Netflix instead.

Ahhhh, just like being at college.