The Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

The Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

It goes from 0 to 100. Real quick.

17
Photo by Pexels

It begins in the morning. All the sudden you wake up on a chilly day to perhaps a few smells ranging from pumpkin pie or stuffing. You get up from your bed and see all the preparation going on along with the Macy's Parade playing on TV.

You are anticipating the night so you can use the excuse to stuff your face which is totally acceptable. That means that you have to go on starvation mode or you can always visit grandma for a much-needed breakfast which will include cinnamon rolls.

Throughout the day you are appreciating the day so much and school isn't even on your mind. You're planning your outfit just to sit on the couch tonight and look good while eating away. You may run a few errands with mom here and there and it is still enjoyable.

Then the day proceeds to get even colder and this is when you begin to get ready for your Thanksgiving night. And yes, you're right, selfies are happening at this time. You may make your way to your family's house or come out of your room if dinner is being held in the comfort of your own home.

You are excited to see your family members and cousins you haven't seen in ages. There may be a few individuals whom you aren't too thrilled to see but you do your best to avoid them.

Speaking of avoiding...

This is the moment you have NOT been waiting for. That is, the main questions you are bound to receive from your family members. "How's school?," "Any boyfriends/girlfriends?," "What are you planning to do after you graduate?." Ugh, and then you have to answer and pretend it's fine even if it's not fine.

Food then interrupts all the interrogation (thankfully). You are thankful you are surrounded by so much love even if you don't see eye to eye with certain people, but you feel thankful to have what you have. This is one of the few nights when things at night slow down a bit, and you take the time to realize what you have and be grateful for everything.

It's the end of the night and your outfit barely fits you. But, it's okay because you are not only filled by food, you are filled with love!