Poetry On The Odyssey: Vagabond

Poetry On The Odyssey: Vagabond

I imagine myself as a tightrope walker in a faraway land, or maybe a faraway year.

19

Vagabond

It's the nights

where the night air

doesn't feel any different from the air inside

that I close my eyes

as I walk the streets home.

I imagine myself as a tightrope walker

in a faraway land,

or maybe a faraway year.

My arms spread wide

as I walk the emptied streets,

unafraid of who may be watching me.

The uncertainty of tomorrow

no longer bothers me.

All that matters is I am

walking in a straight line,

the night air that is cradling my body.

The springtime

is when I look forward

to these walks at night.

It's warm enough to take my time

but just chilly enough

to keep moving me forward.

Sometimes I dream somebody is watching me,

but I'm not sure if it's to my relief or disappointment

when I open my eyes

and realize that no one else is there.

To The Parents Who Deserve Every Single 'Thank You' On Graduation Day

I couldn't have done it without you.

669

Well, the day has finally come, the day I walk across that stage and have finally earned that diploma. Through the countless hours of studying, the numerous mental breakdowns, and the late nights, I survived.

As I sit here waiting for them to call my name, I can't help but think back on how the past four years went. I can't help but think about all that you have done for me and how I cannot thank you enough.

I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you.

Thank you for the never-ending support.

Thank you for providing me with an environment where I could grow, a place to call home, and a place to return to.

Thank you for pushing me to achieve my dreams and always supporting them no matter what. Thank you for pushing me to get through the tough times and encouraging me to challenge myself.

Thank you for being there for me through the many tears.

Thank you for reminding me that it is okay to take some time and breathe when I felt like everything was getting more and more difficult.

Thank you for teaching me how to prioritize and how to manage my time.

Thank you for the endless advice on what to do with my future, how to handle the challenges, and how to just manage being human.

I could not have gotten through those four years of school without you. I hope to be just as generous, supporting, and as loving as you are.

Thank you.