Spider-Man Reminds Me That True Leadership Looks A Lot Like Responsibility

Being a hero means being responsible.

19

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Power is something we should all be very careful handling. We must do our best to leave a meaningful legacy behind when we attain power.

Spider-Man reminds me that heroes use their powers responsibly. Being a hero is a lot of responsibility and anyone willing to take on that responsibility is considered a good person. Peter Parker is the best example of serving others and not expecting to be served. A lot of times, in the movies and in video games, the people stand up for Spider-Man by even willing to keep his identity a secret. With Spider-Man and the influence this created character has on the world, I expect a better future. I expect a future where we all use our power responsibly and voluntarily help each other when we can.

I find Spider-Man to be the most caring superhero there is.

The fact that Spider-Man does not purposely kill people says a lot about him. In my opinion, every person in the world is special in their own way. Whether or not we realize it, every one of us has a supporter somewhere. It can be an indirect supporter from one's past family or even the people in the present. Because we all have at least one supporter, we are all leaders. Therefore, if Spider-Man would kill, he would leave a legacy of hatred from whoever supported or even loved that person, resulting in a circle of vengeance.

Being a hero means being responsible.

Aside from fictional powers, regular power comes from autonomy, support, and resources. Most of us have autonomy and support. Others have more resources than others. When attaining power, a lot of us should look for serving the community and not being served. Spider-Man does not have everything and he is doing his best to do humble work. He has the knowledge, the right words, and he takes action. Therefore, knowledge plus words plus actions equals empowerment. Knowledge is the foundation. Words are the structure. Action is the effort. Knowledge by itself is nothing. Sometimes we need a maxim (a philosophy we choose to live by). Spider-Man is the best role model for being responsible. He also is a reminder that a fight cannot always be stopped by fighting head-on, but by being clever.