Spend Time, Not Money

Spend Time, Not Money

Being able to spend time with family and friends in the holidays is the most important thing.

118
Spend Time, Not Money

What are you giving this Christmas? During the holiday season, there is so much pressure to give and fulfill people's wishes that it can often take the magic out of Christmas. People are working overtime or staying late to try and afford the presents that children asked for because they think that it is the most important part of Christmas, the gifts. In doing that they are taking themselves from their family and not spending quality time with loved ones. This often creates a more stressful situation and causes the Holidays to be a little bleak. What people need to remember is that the gifts aren't the most important thing, it's the memories and the time spent with one another that counts the most. Instead of overworking to get a child ten more toys that they maybe don't even need, maybe go to the zoo and spend the day or the afternoon together or you could play at the park together. The possibilities are endless and it will mean so much more to them than material items. Being able to carve time out of your day for the special people you love is so important in the fast-paced lives that we live. If we continue to accept objects as the first gesture of love we will continue to grow apart because that doesn't require time or thought all it requires is money. Now, I am not saying that it is materialistic and inconsiderate to give or ask for gifts, just remember that they aren't the most important thing about the season. Time is so much more precious because it is limited, you can't buy it or wish for more, you have what you have and you must spend it wisely because with every second you are running out. Spending time on someone means a lot more because memories can last longer and stay closer to your heart than anything money can buy.