Overly Specific Pet Peeves

14 Pet Peeves That Are LITERALLY Getting In The Way Of My Daily Functioning

Did yours make the list?

91
Arguing

A pet peeve has been defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as "a frequent subject of complaint." Having listed off a few of mine, I think it is safe to say that these things are more than just the subject of a minor complaint. Though some are mildly annoying, some have the ability to drive me over the edge into madness if done frequently enough. However, hearing about other people's pet peeves is just straight out hilarious. So, below I have listed a few of my own along with some gathered from friends and family. Enjoy!

1. Loud chewing

If you're going to eat an entire block of lasagna, power to you, but please take small bites.

2. People who are late without giving a reason

If you're late without explanation, explain when you get there. Or don't be late, simple as that.

3. People who drag their feet when walking

Just. Pick up your feet. Please. Your shoes will thank you.

4. Not covering your mouth when you cough

You have SO MANY germs that the world would be better without. Just keep your germs to yourself, no one wants them.

5. People who steal food off your plate without asking

Just ask. Please, for the love of all things good in the world, be courteous.

6. Saying literally when it’s not literal

This one's okay once in a while, but if you're doing this on the daily? You've gotta go, this isn't gonna work out.

7. Saying no offense when it’s clearly offensive

Saying no offense doesn't play down the offensiveness, trust me.

8. Clapping when the airplane lands

The pilots can't hear you, just be like everyone else and say thank you when you leave the plane.

9. Walking in a row that takes over the entire sidewalk

Pick a buddy and walk with them! You don't have to all walk together!

10. Nail biters

Gross AND dangerous, a rare double whammy.

11. Claiming that you’re bad at names when you’ve met a person three times

Sure, you can be bad at names, but after three times, you've just made a conscious effort to not remember this person.

12. Talking over someone when they’re in the middle of a sentence

It's fine to wait until someone else is done speaking so you can have your turn, but for the love of God, be subtle about it.

13. Not using the blinker

The road has RULES.

14. Not cleaning your hairbrush

Again with the messiness, please just keep it clean. Who are you hurting?