South Carolina State Fair

South Carolina State Fair

The best place to spend on a fall night in Carolina!

65
South Carolina State Fair

Sometimes you just need to step away. Give the 'adulting' a break and be a kid again. Where is that possible? DISNEYWORLD!!!! But wait a minute, we are still broke college kids right. Maybe we will save Disney for next time but for now we can always be kids again at the fair. Its fall and the only thing better than pumpkins and football is the SC State Fair. It's a must do if you have never been and a go to if you have.

College Students Day

Let's be real, fair admission is like $10. I know it doesn't seem like much but that $10 can be stretched so much further then an admission tiicket right! That's the best part the fair has a day just for college students to get in for FREE with their student ID!!!! How completely awesome is that! This is the best stress reliever I have had this month by far and it's an overall blast for everyone.

Rides, Rides, Rides

If there is anything that can take you back to the good ol' days its the rides. Yes tickets do cost but the best way by far is to get the $30 POP bracelet. This will get you on any ride as many times as you want! it's the best way to get your money worth. Go ahead, race down the slides, get on the Matterhorn, ride the Crazy Mouse. You can enjoy the swings or even take a walk through the fun house, if you can make it out of the wheel at the end haha!!!!

Fair Foods

This is where it gets prices for us students but its where we don't usually have trouble spending money. They have any kind of fried thing you can imagine and foods that you would have never thought of. This is were we get our funnel cakes, candied apples, and huge corn dogs. Its food so bizarre that it is almost impossible not to try it.

The Vendors

It's the perfect place to get awesome t-shrts, great jerky, and almost anything else you can imagine. For most it's the best time to get those people such as Crescent Cotton. I personally have been buying t-shirts from them since they were Melanie's Designs and she did hand drawn designs of South Carolina. They are one the places I will loyally buy a shirt from every year and this year I bought 4!

The 2016 South Carolina State Fair may be over but that gives you all the more time to save up money for the 2017 Fair! You have got to check it out and if you can't go any other day you have to go on College Student day. Its worth the drive!