13 Songs To Create The Soundtrack To Your Relationship

Songs that truly capture moments we all know.

502
Play Buzz

In all my years of living when I think about relationships, I think about songs. Songs that truly capture what it's like to be in a relationship. The music creates an environment and the words tell the story. One of the best feelings to me is when you're listening to a song and it reminds you of a memory or a person. Happy or sad, the emotions it causes can be spectacular. Based off of my experiences, I've created a soundtrack that I feel tells the story of a relationship we've all had.

1. Meeting.

"Your Hand In Mine"

Whether it's in a bar, in a coffee shop, or maybe just passing glances while grocery shopping, the first time you meet your person is like a wind storm. It catches you off guard and gives you tingles. This song reminds me of meeting someone and instantly having a connection. This person is different, you don't know how, yet, but you will soon.

2. First Date.

"First Day Of My Life."

Let me start by saying this is one of my favorite songs ever. The purity behind the words and bliss that comes with it. The first date is always scary and nerve racking. When this is the real deal, that first date is the beginning of new possibilities. "I'm glad I didn't die before I met you," is my favorite line. Even if it doesn't work out in the long run, I was supposed to meet you.

3. New Relationship.

" You Make My Dreams Come True."

Remember when Joseph Gordon-Levitt was dancing to this in 500 Days of Summer? That's how a new relationship feels. It's exciting and fun, it's full of laughs and, well, the best dreams.

4. The Firsts.

" Masollan."

The first kiss, the first night over, the first time meeting their parents. There are so many firsts in a relationship, as exciting as it is, it's also scary. When I listen to this song I think of meeting the friends for the first time. Oh man, the nerves! I'm thrilled that my person wants me in his life that much and he trusts me enough to enter the next realm but that's also the time of when an indescribable amount of emotions comes into play.

5. Fall In Love.

"Little Sines."

If I could picture flying through a galaxy, falling in love would be my inspiration. It really is the best feeling in the world. It may be something as simple as them kissing the top of your head while you are cuddling, but in that moment: everything changes. Colors are a little brighter, your smile is a little wider, and your person is now your favorite person. Life without would be the absolute worst and life with them kills you. You have doubts and insecurities, but at this stage in your life, they aren't one.

6. First Major Fight.

" I Won't Let You Go."

Yeah, this one is tough. You go from "The Honeymoon Stage," back to reality. You start to see faults in them; the way they chew is awful, they don't put the toilet seat down, etc, etc. You've had arguments before, little ones that are easily resolved in a matter of minutes, but there comes a time when that one argument questions everything. You're angry, hurt, let down; eventually both of you will get over it and apologize and soon enough those annoyances will be the things you find adorable.

"If your sky is falling, just take my hand and hold it," no matter how bad that first fight is, you're not gonna give up that easily.

7. He's The One.

" Make You Feel My Love."

At some point, even for a second, it crosses your mind they may actually be it. For better or worse. The thought of them with someone else is sickening. You'll take it all; the good, the bad, and the ugly. They can tell you horrible things but you're not running away. There is really nothing you wouldn't do.

8. Or Not..

"Song For Zula."

But all too soon, that feeling passes and the doubts kick in. The real ones that you can't look past. Maybe they show you a side of them that isn't what you fell in love with. Maybe you change. You want kids and they don't, maybe you want more. Whatever the reason, it's definitely not a conclusion that is easy to accept.

9. One Last Shot.

"Wolves."

You may think that you can work it out, but that is rare. This moment in the relationship is the absolute worst, you still are clinging on to some hope but you're crumbling. You'll fight until you're on your knees begging for mercy and when you get to that point, you've just lost your person. It may be for the better but you never wanted to give up because you would have done anything and somehow that still wasn't enough.

10. The Breakup.

" Skinny Love."

We all get it, break ups are the worst.

11. I Miss You.

"Someday When I Stop Loving You."

You'll get past the stage of crying, not properly cleaning yourself, and not leaving the couch for a week, but there will come a point when you start to miss them. Feelings will still be there and your heart will be on the mend but, "what if?" What if it wasn't supposed to end? What if you deserve a second chance? I'm sorry to say, but move on. If it really wasn't over and all of those thoughts are true, it will come back and you'll know it. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen too often.

12. Moving On.

" Lovers In Japan."

Picture this: You're walking down a sidewalk on a perfect day, the sky is blue with no clouds in sight, the weather is perfect, and your smile is wider than ever. You've done it, you've moved on. Life is a wonderful thing and you have started a new chapter in it. Who knows what will happen but in that moment, you're where you're supposed to be.

13. Bonus Song!

"Best Thing I Never Had."

Okay but seriously, there will be time when you're a little angry and the only thing you can do is blast Beyoncé and come to the conclusion that you were, in fact, the best thing they ever had!