Sorry, But January Is The #WOAT

Sorry, But January Is The #WOAT

January could be the greatest, but...

89
Sorry, But January Is The #WOAT
Lindsey Ocock

January is the W.O.A.T or Worst Of All Time for those of you that are 35 and probably don’t know what WOAT means unless your kids explained it. January just sucks honestly. Everyone’s out here making resolutions, but I’m 11 days in and still the mess that I am sometimes.

January could be the GOAT if it wasn’t post-holiday season. January could be the best if I didn’t eat five Christmas cookies every night for all of December. January could be the greatest if y’all didn’t make me feel bad for not eating healthy every day and going to the gym. RIP.

January could be my favorite month if everyone stopped lying to themselves. Girl, we all know you’ll be drunk calling Brad on the 17th and you’ll be eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner when February rolls around.

OK, BUT FOR REAL:

I’m over the part of my life where I always said and thought I had made it. By this, I mean I would come out of a rough time and announce to my friends and family that I had “made it” and that I was better. And, I’m really not better because I was never that bad.

All of this is in my head.

I think I’m worse off than I actually am.

Truth is, I’m never going to make it. I’m never going to be perfectly okay all the time and I’m going to make mistakes for the rest of my life. So this year and forever, I’m going to stop beating myself up because I’m not “there” yet.

And really, who even cares if I’m back on my bullsh*t every other week?

I’m Lindsey freaking Ocock and I’m just being me.

So for my resolution, I’m going to let myself just be.

I’m happier than I’ve ever been, so why is there any reason I should beat myself up for being a little crazy sometimes.

#MakeCrazyAPositiveWordIn2018