Five Songs For The Nice Weather

Five Songs For The Nice Weather

The warm weather couldn't have graced our presence soon enough.

99
Five Songs For The Nice Weather
Libreshot

Finally. The infamous crazy Ohio winter is now over and the weather is steady and warm. We can now all rejoice in the fact that we no longer will freeze into human popsicles. It's also the best time of the year to go outside, restock on that good old vitamin D and appreciate nature. A great accompaniment to relaxing outside after months of being prisoners to the inside is music. Here are some great songs to listen to for just relaxing and enjoying the newly warm outside:

"Finally Moving" - Pretty Lights

If you're looking for a song that is great for any kind of warm day, look no further than this song from the album Taking Up Your Precious Time released back in 2006. Its soothing electronic beats and sound are perfect for both chilling out at home and on a cruise in the car.

"Gun Shy" - Widowspeak

This song by the Brooklyn-based indie rock duo is really just a mellow track. The melody is very relaxing and the soothing nature of it creates a fantastic ambiance combined with the fresh air.

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Beatles

Classic rock never ceases to make people feel good. The Beatles were notorious for making not only songs with deep material and significance, but also for their happy and relaxing songs. "Here Comes The Sun" discusses the end of the cold winter and the welcoming of the warm weather. It is featured on Abbey Road, one of the most popular albums in rock and roll history. The album was released in 1969.

"Doin' Time" - Sublime

The three-musician group from Long Beach, California, released their third self-titled album featuring "Doin' Time" July 30, 1996. The first line of lyrics is "Summertime and the living's easy." There's your anticipation for a chill, warm summer right there!

"Mr. Blue Sky" - Electric Light Orchestra

The pop-rock band released "Mr. Blue Sky" to the United States in June of 1978. Award winning radio broadcaster Dominic King said about the song, "It was dark and misty for 2 weeks, and I didn't come up with a thing. Suddenly the sun shone and it was, 'Wow, look at those beautiful Alps.' I wrote Mr. Blue Sky and 13 other songs in the next 2 weeks." The song has been featured in many feature films including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Game Plan.