It is crazy how everchanging music can be. It is something that can bring both joy and sadness. In a way, it connects people. Songs are simply stories that we can dance or cry to. It is also funny to think that a song can be connected to a memory. Maybe a certain song will remind you of when you and your significant other shared your first kiss, or maybe there is a song that got you through a tough time in your life. Whatever it is, you can't tell me that music is not important. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have music. Music will continue to evolve; however, there are always those songs that seem to stick no matter what decade it is. The song is just so good that it continues into the next generation. These iconic songs are from the '80s, and no matter how old or overplayed they might be, they will always get me to sing and dance along. They are an amazing way to let loose and have fun.
1. I ran (so far away) by A Flock of Seagulls.
2. Take on me by A-ha.
3. I wanna dance with somebody by Whitney Houston.
4. Girls just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper.
5. Another one bites the dust by Queen.
6. Don't stop believin' by Journey.
7. Eye of the tiger by Survivor.
8. Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley.
9. Don't you (forget about me) by Simple Minds.
10. Tainted love by Soft Cell.
11. Jump by Van Halen.
12. Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners.
13. (I've had) the time of my life by Bill Medley.
14. Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears.
All of these 80 songs will never fail to put a smile on my face. I will always sing along, and I won't be ashamed. They are so iconic and the fact that they are still popular today is a testament to that.