Sometimes, You Have To Build Your Own Wall To Keep Toxic People Out And That Is Totally Okay

You can try all you want, but if they do not want to help themselves, there is nothing you can do.

22

Sometimes life does not go the way we plan. We paint this pretty picture of how we want our lives to look like in the future, and we expect it to happen. Nine times out of 10, this pretty picture does not happen unless everyone who is part of the plan does their job.

People enter our lives every day, but all it takes is one person to ruin it for us. Someone who acts as though they have no hope left in the world. Someone who guilts you into thinking you are all they have left, just to take charge of your life. You can try to help them all you want, but if they do not change for the better, there is nothing you can do. If this person is toxic to your life, get them out as soon as possible because your life will be more miserable with that person in your life than without them.

It is hard to sit here and write something so deep, but it is not coming from a place of brokenness but a place of strength. If you are reading this, you can probably relate to how I am feeling. You have probably given someone in your life a second chance and just watched them abuse that power you gave them all over again.

I have walls built up. Big walls. Some days, I see that as a weakness. I'm not able to open up to people like I should be able to. I mask my feelings with a smile, yet I just want to break down and cry because, and people I love, are hurting all for the same reasons. The worst part? We cannot help each other. Instead, we take it out on each other. We are all hurt for the same reason, yet we cannot just talk about it because it hurts too much.

I have gotten to the point where some days I will just cry. Some days, I cannot even keep standing because I feel so defeated. Then I remember, this person is succeeding in their plan to break me, but I am not broken. That person is broken. I am stronger than they will ever know, and they will not get close enough to me ever again to find that out. I am strong because I have people on my side who feel the same way, and we will grow stronger together. I have something that broken person will never have -a will to make my life and the future better for me and the ones that I love.