Sometimes, Things Don't Happen For A Reason

And for someone like me, that's hard to accept

750

I'm one of those people that likes to know the why. I like to know why I am the way I am. I like to know why the sky is blue, why metal rusts, why the sun moves across the sky. I like to know the reasons things happen. I like to know the why.

I've always been this way, at least as far back as I can remember. You know how when little kids hit two or three and they go through that "Why?" phase? Well, that's a phase I never really grew out of. I always ask why. I like the solidified answers. That's probably why I actually liked my science classes in high school; they explained all the questions I wanted to answer. They gave me the reasons the world worked the way it did. It's also one of the reasons I became a writer. When I was reading, I hated not knowing what was going to happen or why certain things were going to happen. So as the writer, I always knew what was coming next and I understood the reason why.

But I've had to start accepting the fact that there isn't always a why. There isn't always a reason. Sometimes things just happen with no rhyme or reason. There's no explanation, not a scientific one, and definitely not one within our comprehension. There just isn't a reason. There isn't a why.

For me, this is something that is hard to understand and even harder to accept. Things have happened that don't make sense and as much as I want them to make sense, they never will. There are reasons that don't exist and never will exist and eventually, I'm going to come to understand that and hopefully accept it.

It won't be easy and it won't happen soon, but it will happen eventually and I will be alright. Shit happens, but it's not the end of the world. Sometimes, there isn't a reason. There isn't a why. And that's OK. You'll be OK even if you don't know why something happened to you.

There's a lot of unknowns in this life. There are things we just won't be able to understand. There will be things that happen that shouldn't have and there won't be a reason.

Things will happen that won't make sense. You will go through things and you won't understand why you were dealt that hand or put in that situation. And you will wonder why and that why will always be there, sitting in the back of your mind until you accept that sometimes...

There isn't a reason why. Sometimes, things just happen and life's not going to stop to think about why it happened. Life is just going too keep going, and so should you.