How To Get Someone Off Your Mind

How To Get Someone Off Your Mind

It's sad, and it hurts when a situation goes left when you wanted so desperately for it to go right.

80374
How To Get Someone Off Your Mind
pexels.com

Getting over someone can seem impossible, especially if you liked and cared for them so much. It's sad, and it hurts when a situation goes left when you wanted so desperately for it to go right. What makes it even worse is when you can’t get this person out of your head. It's like they hurt you, so you don't want to pick up the phone and call them, but you desperately want to know how they are doing. Or you’re constantly wondering if they are thinking about you as much as you are thinking about them. It can be extremely irritating when you can't get what this person did, said or how they made you feel out of your head, especially when these thoughts consume you. Here are five ways to help get someone out of your head:

1. Stop trying to figure out what their thinking.

You will drive yourselves crazy trying to figure out if they are thinking about you or why they haven't called you. If this person wanted to speak to you they would pick up the phone to call you, if they wanted to see you they would make plans to see you. Not hearing from them doesn't always me you’re not on their mind but if they cared enough about you they would reach out.

2. Don't dwell.

You have a life. Your thoughts and feelings should be focused on something other than the one who hurt your feelings. So don't dwell on this person, worry about more important things....like yourself.

3. Don't replay actions between the two of you.

This can be hard for a lot of people, including me. Replaying things they said or did over and over in your head can drive you crazy. You will find yourself regretting the things you didn't do and thinking of things you should've said. So save yourself a peace of mind and let that shit go.

4. Talk to your girls.

I'm a strong believer that you shouldn't give your friends every little detail of you and your man’s problems; but talking to them about how you feel will make you feel a little better. Your girls usually want nothing but the best for you, so they will remind of your worth and hopefully get your mind off of him.

5. Distract yourself.

If you’re in school, go hard on your studies. Or if you have a full-time job, put in some over time and make that extra money. The more you focus on yourself, the less you will think about them. It may seem like this person is constantly on your mind now, but once those grade start improving and that extra money starts flowing in, you will get the hang of it.