Society Vs A Perfect Body

Society Vs A Perfect Body

What is the real definition of a "perfect body"?

1361
Society Vs A Perfect Body
The Huffington Post
Society has created an image in our head of this so-called "perfect body," what does that really look like?

No matter your shape, size, hair color, figure, places of hair on your body or skin color, it is never okay to tell someone to "get better". What is the image of a perfect body? Is it a 5'7 female with nice legs, but not too much leg, you don't want her to have "thunder thighs". Good calves, but also not too much of that because a big bulge on your leg is not okay for a girl to have. A flat stomach, but no abs because that looks "gross" on girls. No rolls either, girls should have flat stomachs no matter if they're standing, sitting or laying down. She has to have a pretty face too. Well, what is a "pretty" face? Perfect eyebrows, nice lashes, good nose, a white teeth smile, a decent size forehead?

Who is able to tell us what "perfect" is? Why do we believe society when they give us this image of a "perfect" girl? Why do you have to be a size 0 in order to be considered a model in the fashion world? I get that there are these large companies starting to turn to "plus" size models or "real" models. Aerie is doing the #AerieREAL campaign, but how much are they using those models? It's a cool concept and I completely support it, but is it just for publicity to get people to buy their product? Victoria's Secret on the other hand, those girls are what every guy wants, right? And us girls want to be everything that guys want. We want the flat stomach, nice butt and a good bust. That's what all guys expect of us and we aim to please them because we're girls, we have to make others happy before we are happy with ourselves. WRONG! You should look how YOU want to look. Why does the opinion of another person, especially a guy, affect how you should feel? Be the person who you want to be for you.

Also, since when has it been okay to tell a skinny person to "eat more"? I guarantee that it would cause an uproar if a so called "skinny" person told a person with a heavier body to "go on a diet." Telling slimmer girls to eat more, asking if they're anorexic, or bringing up their physique to them is just as rude and mean as someone calling another person "fat." We have to stop judging people. We are not all perfect, we are all struggling with our self confidence in our body, why make it even harder for other people? Having confidence in your body is one of the hardest things to obtain. There is always going to be something that you are not satisfied with, but we have to learn to accept our differences and rock whatever we can't change. So be nice to others, encourage others and give compliments instead of constantly trying to break others down.

I hope you find the courage to be confident in your own skin. I hope you find happiness with yourself. I hope you learn to show off the things you can't change about yourself. I hope you encourage and compliment others when you see something you like. And I pray that you never change for anyone other than yourself.