10 Social Media Do's and Don'ts

10 Social Media Do's and Don'ts

When it comes to social media, organizations should navigate the social media do’s and don’ts, so they can implement proper communication strategies.

2662
10 Social Media Do's and Don'ts
Travel Nurse Across America

Organizations are recognizing the importance of social media to grow their status through marketing and brand communication strategies. As a result, organizations are building interpersonal relationships, finding new members, and engaging current members by sharing content with hundreds (or thousands) of followers. When it comes to social media, organizations should navigate the social media do’s and don’ts, so they can implement proper communication strategies.

5 Social Media Do’s:

1. Engage with your audience.

In this current age of social media, the social media sites are so advanced and personalized that people expect you to respond to them almost immediately. If you ignore your community, your community will start ignoring you. Eventually, you will have no community at all.

2. Consider the timing when posting on social media.

For example, the best time to post on Facebook is between 1:00-4:00 pm. If you post within this time frame, it can result in the highest average clicks per hour.

3. Please use links and hashtags.

Presently, individuals and organizations are using hashtags more and more on social media sites. This can increase the exposure of a trending topic.

4. Have a completed social media profile.

First impressions are important and lasting, which could positively or negatively affect your organization. So, make sure your profile is branded and explains what service you provide. Include a link to your website or contact information.

5. Make your content stand out.

Whether you post a video or photograph, it can boost your social media strategy and grab the audience’s attention.

5 Social Media Don’ts:

1. You are what you tweet or post . . . and share.

The Internet has become a track record of your life. Please, don’t share or post something that will create a poor representation of you. When in doubt, don’t post!

2. Don’t have multiple profiles.

If you have multiple profile pages, then the potential or current customer will question the organization's honesty, credibility intention, and trustworthiness. If you have a main profile page, then it can create a name that is easily identified as being your personal account.

3. #Don’t #abuse #hashtags.

Try to limit yourself to 2-3 key phrases and use them naturally within sentences instead of clumping them at the end.

4. Avoid poor grammar and spelling errors.

There is nothing more unprofessional than poor grammar and spelling errors. My advice is to prepare you social media updates on Microsoft Word to scan for spelling or grammatical errors. · Or, double check your social media updates before going public just to be on the safe side.

5. Don’t over share content.

Think very carefully about your organization and what it stands for before you interact with controversial or questionable content.