Social Media Can Either Make Or Break Your Life, But It's ultimately Your Choice Which
Technology

Your words matter.

317
Becca Tapert

Social media has become one of the largest platforms for individuals to show off their lives, thoughts and ideas. We are constantly refreshing our feed to see what everyone is up to. There are all types of different sites and apps to fulfill our social media needs, and they all have one thing in common: that is the populairty. We are using our words to express our thoughts on Twitter, our status on Facebook, our caption on Instagram and an expression for a Snapchat. Social media has given us a way to share our words with the world.

Our fingers move faster and faster as we type out each and every thought that comes to mind. We find the perfect captions for everlasting memories, the words to describe the things in our lives that are worth sharing. We are able to connect with friends, family and people from all over the world with a click of a button. Social media has forever changed the way that we communicate. Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook are popular sites among the hundreds of others. People use these sites to document their daily lives for all of their following on these sites. It has become the most efficient way to reach people all at once. Our lives have been altered since social media came about.

The writing done on social media is very serious. Anything that is put into this world forever without the possibility of it ever being erased is important. We often think of the different ways to get across our thoughts and feelings to those who matter most, those who usually follow us on social media. There is a certain etiquette to social as there is with all styles of writing. If the wrong thing is said, there could be serious consequences. People words can hurt and especially if they have the kind of audience that is inevitable on social media. A single post, photo or tweet can ruin someone's life. Internet safety is taught all over America today because some people are on social media for all the wrong reasons.

However, I have to believe that something this large and impactful is used for good. New language has been brought about through it, people land jobs and other opportunities. Social media is a great revelation in the literature world. It brings about something interesting and exciting for young people. We just have to be sure to use it wisely. The purpose is not to tear us down. Social media has become one of the largest platforms for individuals to show off their lives, thoughts and ideas through literacy. Our lives are constantly changing, and our pages reflect that growth. It can be used as a tool of something to always look back on and remember certain parts of our lives.