So You've Got Commitment Problems

So You've Got Commitment Problems

Welcome to the club.

9
So You've Got Commitment Problems

Well first off, congratulations! You're part of the elite group of individuals who want to love, but can't.

Aren't sure you have commitment issues? Well continue reading for 10 signs that you are in fact part of this elite group.

1.) You love the chase.

You love knowing that somebody is into you, but you love watching them chase you even more. Chances are you go through moods- one day you're texting him/her all day, and the next you don't talk to them at all. While you don't notice, the confusion you cause them usually keeps them hooked. You don't give them much, which makes you a mystery that they only want to solve. And the best part is, they will never catch you. However- sometimes the situation is reversed, you find yourself drooling over someone. Out of your comfort zone, texting them first, and trying to not only get, but also keep their attention. The problem is though, once you have their attention and stop having to work for it, you get bored. And once you're bored, it's over.

2.) You test your partner.

So you finally got in a relationship?

Now you find yourself trying to find the faults in your partner. You aren't consciously trying to find a reason to end it, but you definitely are looking. You will test your partner without telling them, and then get upset when things don't turn out exactly as you had hoped. Chances are though, you don't even realize you're testing them, which makes this process even harder and more disappointing.

3.) You get jealous, and I mean really jealous.

You have absolutely no valid reasons to be jealous, yet you find yourself overly upset about the thought of your significant other even talking to another person. You aren't jealous because of the way they are acting, but you're jealous because you fear they might find something better than you. Well here's the kicker, your jealously will probably make them view you in a more negative way, making it worlds easier for them to find something better. Do yourself a favor- look in the mirror and remind yourself you're great! And then leave him/her alone about talking to that guy in their chemistry class, or their best friend who just happens to be a girl.

4.) When people ask you about your relationship status, you panic a bit.

Are you and (insert name here) a couple?

What is going on with you and (insert name here)?

While people are really only curious, these questions may send you over the edge. You didn't care about a title 5 minutes ago, but now you are thinking about what you guys really are. Of course you won't ask though, rather you will play games until he/she brings it up first. This will only create stress, and put an unnecessary amount of pressure on the relationship. Do yourself a favor and either continue to not care about a title, or just ask for goodness sake.

5.) The little things, aren't for you.

Remember that guy you went on a date with last weekend? The one you came home and told all your friends about? Yeah, well now he's texting you "good morning beautiful" and "when can I see you again?". Though he is really just being a nice guy, this will make you annoyed. Chances are that now you're telling your friends that he is too clingy. And now the nice guy has lost his shot. Here is some advice, stop pushing yourself away from the sweet guys, they really do mean well.

6.) Opening up is not for you.

Minimal commitment is exactly what you need. So when your 'significant other' starts asking you personal questions, you tend to avoid them at all costs. Being f***buddies is stressful enough, there is absolutely no need to bring emotions into it. Unless you find yourself having feelings, in which case you might want to think about opening up.

7.) You are indecisive.

So you finally decided to let the chase be over and give them a chance?

Well its been a solid 24 hours, and you already are having second guesses. You aren't sure you have any feelings for them anymore, and think that maybe you made a mistake. Next thing you know, you're texting them saying, "Maybe we jumped into this too quickly. Maybe we should go back to how things were." Or you are just completely ignoring them altogether.

8.) You overthink absolutely everything.

They could text you "hey.", and you would overthink it.

They aren't excited to talk. They are mad. They are irritated. The guesses really never end.

You have a million thoughts going through your head on a daily basis, and you overthink pretty much anything and everything that your significant other does or says. They most likely feel like they are walking on eggshells with you, so do yourself a favor and stop thinking for once. Not everything has a deeper meaning.

9.) You don't do well with the "L" bomb.

Much like Blair and Chuck, you're probably way too stubborn to say those 3 little words. And even worse, when your significant other says them, you probably don't take them very well. You may tell them "thank you", or tell them to take them back or even convince them that they don't mean it. Or you may just ignore the fact that they dropped the "L" bomb altogether. Basically, it is just an awkward situation for all of those involved.

10.) You aren't easy to love, but you are worth it.

You always make things difficult, but the bottom line is, that you love hard. Once you get there of course. There won't be a switch that just flips, and makes all of your commitment issues go away. And chances are, you're going to worry everyday about the relationship ending. You're still going to overthink, and sometimes, you may still be closed off. But you will love with all that you have, and that is what makes it all worth the wait.

If you relate to any of the above images, welcome to the group of commitment-phobics. Also known as the group that struggles to love. This group isn'y as bad as it seems, so don't stress too much.

Your time will come, and you will meet a guy that makes commitment that much easier.