So, What Do People See In Donald Trump?

So, What Do People See In Donald Trump?

There are obviously lots of Trump supporters. Here's why they're on board with Trump for president.

122
So, What Do People See In Donald Trump?
Donald J. Trump

It's not news, Donald Trump has had huge success in the voting booths and only seems to be growing in influence. He is taking state after state and is miles ahead of his opposition in terms of national support.

There have been many video clips of Trump supporters striking out against protesters and people of color. Some reels test supporters by doing ridiculous things like asking supports if they support Hitler quotes without telling them who the quote is from. The point is, Trump's supporters have acted inhumanely and deserve all of the negative media that the press is giving them, but lets just take a step back and really think about why they act the way they do.

Disclaimer: Before I move forward, I want to clarify that all of this is speculation and subjective.

The biggest thing that drives Trump supporters to love their candidate is Trump’s propaganda. His slogan “make America great again” has been seen, for many, as “make America White again.” This harkens back to the big uproar of reverse racism. To remove any subjectivity in the term, Wikipedia defines reverse racism as “a phenomenon in which discrimination against a dominant or formerly dominant racial group takes place.” White Americans feel as if they have no where to go in today’s society. Everywhere they look things are being taken away from them. Jobs they feel entitled to are being given to other people or outsourced. Their tax dollars are being put towards programs like Food Stamps, Obamacare and Federal Financial Aid that are made to build up lower America, but they themselves do not benefit from those programs. Where does this leave the White Americans? It leaves them out in the dust feeling like everything they worked for is being taken away and distributed to the underserving. They’re angry and I could only assume that I would be as well.

Another thing that I believe Trump supporters buy into is their fears. Trump has given a plethora of speeches that tell people how he will eradicate threats to the United States and its people. “Donald J. Trump is calling for the total and complete shutdown of muslims entering the united states until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on,” Trump said. “We have no choice.” Sure, that’s one way to handle it, but is it the most sensible? Supporters seem to think so, and it has everything to do with their fear of ISIS. To the uneducated, all Muslims are trying to kill off Americans. When dealing with the previously stated point of White America losing jobs to other people, Trump had an idea to stop this as well. “I will build a great wall,” he said. And he is going to “do something very severe unless they contribute or give us the money to build the wall.” Even though economist suggest that removing all undocumented immigrants from the United States would be detrimental to the economy and cost a fortune, Trump’s supporters continue to fight for the wall off on immigration.

So, what do people see in Trump? They see a man who has no fear and no shame. A man who belittles the people they see as toxic to their very lifestyle. A man who seems to have solutions to all of their fears. What they see is a man who will accept and fight for White America again, something they have not seen or felt in a long time and even though some supports also fear Trump, they feel as if they have no where else to go, so they continue to run alongside him.