Let's agree to skip the dating

I Want To Skip The Dating Period And Go Right To Watching Netflix In My PJ's With My S.O.

I'm looking for my Prince Charming but let's just agree to skip the Princess part so you can start treating me like a Queen.

209

Picture this: You're 25 and you're on the couch in the living room of the house that you bought a year ago right after you got married in your home church to the man of your dreams with all your friends and family watching. You are holding a glass of your favorite wine and he has a beer in hand that he's resting on the arm of the couch.

After you play Netflix roulette with him for a few minutes and argue about what to watch, you finally settle for the same show that you watch every night with him before you head to bed. Your head is on his lap and his fingers keep finding your hair as your dog lays at your feet on the opposite end of the couch.

You lean up to finish the last sip of your wine and as you reach for the coffee table to set the glass down, he asks if you would like another. You say 'no, thank you' and you say that you're tired and you are going to head to bed soon.

After a few more minutes, you get up and kiss him on the lips and soon head to the bedroom for bed. Before you know it, he's chasing you down the hall grabbing the tail of his t-shirt that you threw on just before you poured your glass of wine earlier in the night. Your wedding pictures line the hall and you look back to see your fur baby peeking over the arm of the couch at mom and dad running towards the last door at the end of the hall before you both slip in, close the door, and collapse on the California King bed.

Everyone wants to be married and living life with their significant other. Everyone wants to get to know someones every flaw and every freckle. Everyone wants to wake up every day with the love of their life beside them and their fur baby at their feet, but no one wants to go through the dating and the headache that it takes to get there.

Let's be honest, dating is not fun in today's world. The good girls (or guys) don't want 2 a.m. hookups or to 'grab a drink'. The good ones want to be wined and dined and treated right, they want assurance that you will take care of them, they want the truck door opened for them and surprise $9.99 flowers from Kroger just because.

I can not wait for the day that I get to call my mom after work and tell her my husband surprised me with flowers or made me an appointment for a massage and I also can't wait for the day that I get to call her and tell her that I surprised him with new tires on his truck just because he needed them and I wanted to. I can't wait for the day that I get to wake up beside him and treat him like a king because he treats me like a queen and he deserves the world.

I can not wait to be so in tune with someone that people smile when we walk by because they can feel our happiness radiating. I can not wait to have little feet running around behind me, tugging at my husband's t-shirt that I slept in beside him the night before.

To the next guy that I date, be prepared to marry me because we are skipping the classic 'dating' period and going straight to watching Netflix on the couch just before you chase me down the hall in your t-shirt. Maybe I already know you, maybe I don't, but whoever you are, I hope you are ready for the adventure of your life with me.