Skinny Does Not Define Me

I am skinny.

So I must be happy, right?

That's what society says. The standards are set and I can't be upset.

Because my thighs do not touch and it does not matter what I eat for lunch.

I can run and jog or eat like a hog and it will go no where and I shouldn't care.

My life is so easy because I am somewhere in between this perfect scale that society defines for me.

When I was little I never noticed that people were different.

That someone beside of me could be jealous when I grabbed that candy and thought nothing of it.

It wasn't until I got made fun of, that it stuck to me too.

Because being a size two was never as good as it seemed.

When everyone questioned if I was suffering from a disease.

Anorexia, bulimia, how can you breathe? When your bones look so brittle they probably break when you sneeze.

I swear that I eat and I never try to look like there's nothing standing in front of your eyes. But society is changing and while that is great I do not appreciate all of the lyrics of hate.

Get more meat on you, boys like girls with curves.

Don't you know that I try, that I'm not doing this on purpose and it's not fun for me to have to sit there and listen about how girls who are thicker are better than me and that they look more like a woman than I'll ever be.

Size shouldn't matter. Thick or thin. Please stop writing lyrics about how we should be. Magazines push models with unrealistic size, and thighs, and minds and artist push lyrics about how they like more booty and thighs.

But the perfect body does not exist. All we can do is hope and dream of a future where my kids will not have to look in the mirror and wonder what is best. If they should skip that meal, we need to lay this idea to rest. I don't want to feel like I'm never enough.You are beautiful and so am I because we are all unique just like the stars in the sky.