Sixers Headed To Game Three Of NBA Playoffs

The Embiid question is the biggest factor going into Thursday night.

68
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/18/636596610792884689-569635435_neonbrand-308156-unsplash.jpg

The 76ers are headed to Miami for game three of the first round of the NBA Playoffs. After splitting the first two games in Philadelphia they’re looking to at least split the series in Miami, if not sweep the Heat at home. The big variable going into these next two games is whether Joel Embiid will come back and play.

Game one the Sixers looked untouchable. I thought the series would go five games if they played like that. Big “if” because in Game two they struggled. Ben Simmons seemed to be off his normal game until the fourth quarter, as well as cold three-point shooting from Reddick and Covington. Dwayne Wade decided to go back in time ten years and barely miss any shots, ending the game with 28 points.

Now the teams are headed South Beach, where every Sixers fan hopes Embiid will come back and set the team ablaze. The Sixers won 17 straight, almost all of which were without Joel proving they are a strong team without him. With him, though, is the reason they are the three seed in the East, above LeBron’s Cavs. Embiid coming back into the line-up will bring life into the team, who looked off Monday night.

The combination of Embiid and Simmons makes the Sixers a scary team to play against. Whiteside has been less than a blip on the radar thus far in the series, which brings even more excitement to the return of The Process. We’ll see Simmons’ beautiful out-of-nowhere passes that hit Embiid right in the hands for an easy bucket while sprinkling in a couple threes here and there from our beloved big man. As well as the hopes that JJ got all his misses out of the way in Game two.

Game three looks promising for the Sixers, barring the return of Embiid. If JJ, Covington, and Belinelli are making shots, it’ll be hard to run with the Sixers. Ben’s passing will hopefully be on point and he’ll control the game which always gives the Sixers a chance.