Having long hair is great. It looks good up or down, and you can do virtually any style you want. But there are a few things that come with having long hair that just make you want to chop it all off.
1. It gets stuck in everything. And I mean everything. Your hair gets stuck in doors, in chairs, in cabinets, in windows, in food, and the list goes on and on.
2. Maintenance takes forever. Showers take twice as long because you have to wash and condition all that hair. Blow drying takes at least thirty minutes, and air drying could take hours. And don't even get me started on brushing long hair.
3. Styling in anything other than it's natural state, or a ponytail, takes forever. Yes, you can do virtually any style with long hair, but why try? Straightening or curling long hair is impossible unless you've got an extra two to three hours to spare. What's even worse is trying to do any sort of intricate braid, especially a fishtail.
4. You constantly end up on it, or wrapped up in it. Long hair is always in the way. You are either sitting or laying on it. It's wrapped around your face or neck, especially when you first wake up, or it's dangling in your eyes and getting sucked into your mouth when you try to talk. The worst thing is when it gets stuck in your armpits.
5. It's so heavy. Long hair can be so heavy that it actually gives you headaches. There's just so much of it, and it gets so hard to carry around all day.
6.And it's so hot. In the winter it's nice because you can use your hair as a blanket, but in the summer it's just a pain. Especially when it starts sticking to the back of your neck and your arms because you're sweating so much.
Like I said, long hair can be pretty annoying, and sometimes you just want to chop it all off.
But I never would because it's just so awesome having long hair.