6 Quotes To Help You Through The Beginning Of Second Semester

Some of my favorite quotes to think about to help you during the tough times.

164
Static.pexels

After a nice, relaxing, long, but not long enough winter break, there is a mix of emotions about heading back to school. Maybe, after having a good first semester, you felt pretty confident and you signed up for a harder work load and are nervous. Or are sad to be leaving your friends and family from home again. Or there was some issues left unresolved after you locked up your dorm room for the last time a month ago, and all the problems, once you are back, will open up again. There are many different scenarios that can have you dreading heading back for this last long haul before summer. Here are some words of inspiration that will hopefully help you until you get back into the swing of things and start to remember why you missed college and dorm life before.

1. " Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." - Jack Canfield

Try out for the play, say hi to the cute person in class, join the new club. You will regret not doing it.

2. "... It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever." - Unknown

Not every day will be filled with all nighters, tests, papers, and tons of things that just have to get done that day. Things will get easier.

3. "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction can be the biggest step of your life. Tip-toe if you must, but take the step." - Unknown

Think you might want to change your major? Don't think about how hard it will be, do it. Do what you want.

4. " Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten." - B.F. Skinner

You may not remember every lesson you attend, but you will be surprised with what you do know after you finish your four years, and you are up on stage getting your diploma.

5. "Before I do anything I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' If the answer is yes, I don't do that thing."-Dwight Schrute (The Office).

Think about things before you do them. You don't want to be "that person" if you realize that its something you don't want to be remembered by.

6. "We've all got light and dark inside of us. What matters most is the part we choose to take action. That defines who we really are."- Sirius Black (Harry Potter).

It is okay to have made mistakes. What is important is that you let the best parts of you make the major decisions. You are a good person despite some bad decisions.