My Sister Got My Brush Stuck In Her Hair And Learned A Valuable Lesson

It took about ten seconds for all of the hair to become a jumbled mess of plastic and hair.

5690
Blog Spot

Dear Little Sisters Everywhere,

When we, older sisters, tell you not to touch our things, there is a reason behind it. And usually the reason is to benefit YOU, not us. My little sister is not so little, and she just learned this lesson. It was a painful experience for her, you don't want it to be painful for you too. I'm in college now and my sister is in high school. She wanted to come visit me, and got a true taste of college life. College; many things happen here: some good, some bad, and some are both.

Her day started out like every other day does, little did she know it's not how it would end. She woke up with a full head of hair, and by the end, there was a hairbrush in it as well. You see, she thought it was a good idea to touch her older sister's hairbrush. It was one of those round brushes that I had warned her about the night before. I told her the story of how I got one stuck in my hair, and how painful it was. She thought it would be a good idea to roll her hair onto the brush as she blow dried her hair. She was wrong.

It took about ten seconds for all of the hair to become a jumbled mess of plastic and hair. If you've never gotten a round brush stuck in your hair before, it isn't a fun experience. Unless you're the one laughing at the person attached to the brush. In case it ever happens to you, I'm gonna explain how to get it out.

1. DO NOT try to yank it out yourself.

2. Take some pain medicine, you'll need it in about fifteen minutes.

3. Hold the brush in place, try not to move it as much as possible.

4. Call someone you trust to help you out.

5. Have them gather oil/conditioner, water, and a rat-tail comb/knitting needles/chopsticks/un-sharpened pencils.

6. Wet the hair and use the back end of the comb or the long thin object to lift the hair away from the brush.

7. Keep doing this until you find a strand of hair that you can follow. Continue lifting that strand until it is loose.

8. Keep doing this until either you can't take it anymore, or the hair is out.

9. If all the hair is out, CONGRATULATIONS and have fun washing out the tangles. This is where the oil or conditioner will come in clutch.

10. If there is still hair stuck in the brush, get as much of it out as you can. Then cut a straight line along one row of the bristles.

11. Remove as much of the hair as possible.

12. When all the hair is out, make sure to gather the cut hair and throw it out.

13. Get the tangles out of the hair still stuck to the head, use conditioner/oil to help.

This process will take HOURS. My roommate and I were working on my sister for about two hours before we gave up and called my parents. My parents were the ones who cut the brush out of her hair. It was painful, but at least she learned a lesson. She learned not to touch my stuff, and she learned to listen to her older sister. She also learned that if she does something stupid, like this, I'll take pictures and keep them so that ten years later, I can show them to her.