To My Sister

To My Sister

You're my biggest fan and even my worst enemy but I love you just the same.

13
To My Sister
Taylor Rinker

Sister Sister,

We fight, we laugh, we cry and we yell. Even though we do all that, I wouldn't trade our relationship for the world. You are my best friend and, although I don't always treat you as such, I really freaking love you.

I love you when you're hangry and when you're just a little too much for me to handle. I love you even when we're fighting -- though I probably have tears of rage and extreme anger in my eyes. When you steal my clothes, I love you for your good fashion taste but despise you when you don't return them. When you make fun of mom, I laugh because you nail it every time. You're so funny and you're truly an entertainer.

Although there are sometimes I don't even want to look at you because you drive me so crazy. As my sister, you know all my pet peeves and you push them just because you know you can. There are some times when I wonder how we have the same parents because you turned out so different from me. You are boisterous, unruly and a free spirit. You're wise beyond your years and almost more mature than I am. You have a way about you that can make even my worst days semi-good.

I hope that you know that I will always be there for you. Through the ups and the downs, the smiles and frowns. You'll always be the one to make me laugh so hard that I choke on my water, the one who I have an unspoken language with and the one who makes me so proud.

You are more yourself than I was at your age. You have a strong idea of who you are and you never falter in your views, no matter how stubborn it makes you. You are stubborn as hell, and sometimes that makes you my worst enemy. But you are a force to be reckoned with simply because you are strong and independent. You don't conform to the societal perception of what's cool. You are effortlessly cool just by being yourself. I admire that about you and wish I could be like that.

Wherever this life takes us, I hope that our bond remains the same and I hope you always feel my complete admiration and love for you. Even though you are younger than me, you have taught me so much. I know that when I need you, you'll be there. You might not always understand but you'll always extend a hand to help or an ear when I just need someone to listen to me. A sister is God's gift to the heart and a remedy to any of life's problems.

Love you loads,

Your overly proud and emotional sister