Sister Sister

Sister Sister

Sisters are truly a blessing

94
Sister Sister

I have been blessed to have two sisters in my lifetime. One is two years younger than me and the other is four years older than me. I'm in the middle and I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm very happy to have an older and younger sister. It's like the best of both worlds or the worst (kidding). If you have a sister or sisters, younger or older or both, you'll relate to this. If you wish you had sisters, I'll say some things and you'll be thankful you don't have any but then in the long run, you'll wish even more that you had some.

One of the best things that comes with having sisters is you get to share with them

Like, when they get something super cute for their birthday and you realize maybe in a couple months you can wear it, that's the best feeling. Sharing clothes is a huge plus to having sisters. You also can share boyfriends (in the not creepy way). Their boyfriends are your boyfriends and vice versa. So right now, I have 3 boyfriends. It's awesome. You share food, cars, you even share babysitting jobs. It's awesome to say to someone, "I can't babysit tonight but want me to ask one of my sisters?" Everything increases in your life when you get to share so much. But there is a downside to having sisters that you can share with...

When your sister(s) steal your clothes without asking

I cannot describe what it feels like to be on Snapchat and see your sister in your top. When you're about to do laundry and see that a dress you haven't worn in forever is dirty. When you go to wear something and it's not in your drawer! ARE YOU KIDDING. A rage floods through my body that I can't explain if this hasn't happened to you. She's asking for a death wish. Just know you're lucky if all your clothes are still in your drawers and not others.

When you steal your sisters' clothes

There probably was a time way back when, when I stole my sister's clothes. Karma is my little sister stealing from me now but going into her room, trying not to make a noise was the scariest thing.

You have similar minds

You'll always know what your sister is thinking just by a look. You can laugh over the most ridiculous stuff for hours. You'll have the some of the same clothes in your shopping cart. You like the same show so you'll stay up all night watching it together. It's great to have someone that just gets you.

They know basically everything

Your sisters have been with you, your entire life, literally. So when a certain song comes on and you look at your sister, they'll know exactly what memory you're thinking of. You can talk about your memories for hours because one just leads off the other and their memories are the same as yours! It's so fun.

You always have someone to get you toilet paper or give you a tampon.

If you're in need of toilet paper, probably because your sister didn't get a new one, you can just scream for them or facetime them to get you some more. It's an unspoken rule that you must get your sister toilet paper. Also since you're always together, you have synched periods. So if I need a tampon asap and I'm with my sister, she'll have one. Sisters come in handy.

They're your glam squad

My sisters will do my make up for me, my hair, help me pick out my outfit then take 1,000 photos of me from a million different angles. Then they'll like your photo you upload. They're your own cheerleaders. Who needs a glam squad when you have sisters?

Honesty

There's no holding back when it comes to sisters. They will tell you if you look like you got dressed blind, or if your friend is insane. Most of the time they're right. This could be a benefit or a downside.

Fighting

Three girls, one bathroom. Three girls, two brownies left. Three girls, three periods. Three girls, one data plan text, and two parents yelling at you for going over it. Of course you're going to fight with your sister! I haven't fought with anyone more in my life than them. I literally drop my jaw open when someone tells me they never have fought with their sister. We can go a couple days where everything we do, gets on each other's nerves. Then we can go months without a fight. We'll get in a fight then ten minutes later, I have to tell her something so we get over it. It's never awkward and it never lasts super long. We're going to have fights our whole lives but it's okay because we always get over them (unless I'm not their maid of honors, it's sister code).

You'll always have someone to annoy

You'll always have a corner to stand at and a sister coming where you can literally scare her to the ground. You can play your music super loud or make out with your boyfriend or use their makeup. Your entire life, you'll have someone to annoy.

They're your other half

Having sisters is great because they are literally your best friends. You're always with them, you go through awful things together, you share a lot of memories and you're a part of each other. I feel very bad for people who don't have sisters. I wouldn't change it for the world. Having sisters is a blessing.