The Bible Says Being Single Is Okay Even On Valentine's Day

Wait. Be Patient.

315
Original Photo

Valentine's Day is coming up and so many girls will be getting flowers and chocolates and then there's you, getting nothing but the feeling of loneliness. Valentine's Day is known for couples across the world going on a date and the guy giving the girl her favorite flowers, chocolates and maybe even a teddy bear. In this day and age, everyone thinks they need to have a boyfriend or girlfriend at all times to feel happy. But the Bible says something very different.

1. Being single is a gift from God.

Sometimes its very hard to be single when everyone around you seems like they have a significant other but we have to remember that God has a plan for us and that God created us for something big!

1 Corinthians 7:7 NIV - “I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.”

Matthew 19:11 NIV - “Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.”

Wait. Be patient.
Be patient and wait for the person that sets your soul on fire. -Abby Spihlman

2. Being single is not permanent.

It feels like forever when you are single watching your friends hang out with their significant other, but God tells us that this singleness we are going through is not permanent. When God thinks we are ready, He will bring someone into our lives that will make the waiting worth it.

Revelation 7:17 NIV - “For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 19:7 NIV - “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.”

3. Being single is hard.

Knowing people always have someone to hang out with or talk to makes being single hard. But God tells us that we need to wait so He can make us the best person our future spouse needs.

Genesis 2:18 NIV - "The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

1 Corinthians 6:18 NIV - " Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body."

God works miracles. Only He knows what’s in store for you in this life.
So be patient and kind, for He will make things happen in time. -Abby Spihlman

Instead of being upset because someone didn't get you flowers or a teddy bear, thank God for being single. God grows in each of us when we let Him work in our lives. Instead of focusing on people we want to be with or things right in front of us, we need to keep our eyes fixed on Heaven.