I Never Wanted To Be A 'Baby Momma' But Here I Am
Parents

And there's no changing that.

519
Photo by Zach Vessels on Unsplash

Baby Momma – the mother of one or more of a man's children, especially one who is not his wife or current partner.

Many are treated with disrespect and have the stereotype to be messy, dramatic and cause a headache for a man who may or may not provide for his child. Don't get me wrong there are some sad excuses, but as with every stereotype, it's not the majority. I more so consider myself a single parent, with part-time co-parents. I raise my children alone. I receive no help with the basic needs of my children, and most times I do not complain. I find no reason to.

I have had many people say "Oh it's your fault for having children with that man."

While that is true, not every man showed that they wouldn't show up for their kids. I was married to my first kid's father and engaged to my youngest daughter's father. I left them because infidelity is the one of the few things that I will not put up with.

What I didn't choose was for them to walk away from their children.

Now they didn't walk away completely, but they pick and choose when they want to be involved and it never monetarily. I have tried having grown up conversations with them based on me not having these children alone, but there is either excuses or fake promises. I am always asked to be patient, and understanding of their situations BUT, they never understand that kids growing patterns are not patient, nor are their bellies and needs. Where is my understanding when I have to make one plus one equal twenty-five?

The parent with the child sacrifices everything, while the absent parent lives their lives.

I always tell my children how much their fathers love them, but the few times they talk to them, I have been the bad guy. My older daughters are old enough to know the truth, but I am worried about them and breaking this pattern.

No one asked to be a baby momma, and many of us don't even like being called one.

There are three sides to every story, and yet the new girlfriend or wife always feel like they are immune to the lies, or believe everything the man says. Sometimes, it causes more confusions, and others it causes more of a situation.

I never wanted to be a Baby Momma, but I am, there is no changing that. But I refuse to be talked to and treated like one. What is your definition of a Baby Momma?