To My Single Friends On Valentine's Day

To My Single Friends On Valentine's Day

Trust me, it's going to be ok.

34
To My Single Friends On Valentine's Day

February 14th always seems to creep up at the worst times. Perhaps it's because it follows the holiday season, which tends to remind you that you haven't settled down yet. Or maybe, it's because it's cold out (in New Jersey anyway) and you want nothing more than to snuggle up with someone special.

You're single on a day that is oversold by greeting card companies and is used by corporate America as an excuse to charge extra money for something as simple a teddy bear. That doesn't sound so bad right? But the sad truth is... it really can hurt sometimes.

I know first hand just how much it sucks to see your Instagram feed flooded with flower arrangements, candy, jewelry, and all the things you wish someone would surprise you with. I understand just how hard it is to get through a day where everyone is basically throwing their "perfect" love lives in your face and how alone that can make you feel.

Sure, all of this can really get you down. It might make you question what you're doing wrong. But you know what? You're perfect just the way you are... and your person is on their way to realizing that too.

My friend, you are even more special than you realize.

I promise you, even though this may feel like a dark or dry season for you- it is anything but that. Your steps have been numbered and you are right where you are supposed to be at this time. You are meant to experience and learn something in such a time as this. All the things you are feeling are valid but keep in mind, things will only get better from here. Happiness will find you again and what you're searching for will be found. But patience is the key.

This Valentines Day, don't allow the world around you to make you feel inadequate or unnoticed. You are anything but that.

Know that love can be found in the world around you. It can be found in your friends, in your dog, or even in your favorite food. So even if it feels like you're living a loveless "heart day," I urge you to look around. Because whether you know it or not, love is here and love is now.