Why 'Sing' Is The First Movie You Should See In 2017

Because who doesn't love a feel good film with singing animals?

9
Sarah in the Suburbs

The Secret Life Of Pets was a complete and utter disappointment. If you watched the trailer, you would have seen all the cute and funny parts. So after watching that movie, I was a little wary to go see Sing.

However, despite my low expectations, this movie was amazing. Yes, I know, a 21 year old reviewing a children's film, weird. I should be watching something more hip, more classy. But this movie, was more than just about talking animals.

The movie is about reaching your dreams, despite where you are in life. Even if you're in a gang, like the gorilla, Johnny, or a stay at home mom like the pig, Rosita, you can still break away. You don't have to be stuck in a rut.

And if that wasn't enough the movie is actually entertaining. It follows not 1, not 2, but 6 different characters. It makes you become invested in their hopes, their problems, their resolutions. This movie has a complex plotline that most TV shows can't handle.

So if there is one move you go see, I say make it be Sing. Even if you are the only adult in the theatre without children.