How To Explain That You Are Simply 'Dramatic'

A quality that is overlooked by humankind.

44
Youtube.com

"Wait.

Why is she looking at me?

Hmph. This girl...

Is she gonna try me, or what?

Girl, if you don't get the f....

Wait.

Oh.

Her friend was just walking up from behind me. False Alarm."

This is just a snippet of dialogue that may or may not have actually occurred in my wired-off-apple-juice brain (I drink apple juice out of wine glasses for the aesthetic). Let me formally introduce myself. Hi, my name is Drama. I live for it, breathe for it, and can't be without it. You may be thinking, "Oh, she's just a drama queen." Maybe you're judging me as the bitch with the mean face and the bad attitude. I'm here to tell you that you're right, and for all the right reasons.

I was always a dramatic child, I grew up through a very dramatic adolescent phase, and now I remain a dramatic individual. I should've joined my high school's theater program. Sigh. I would have really thrived. I love 'I' statements. I need all the attention. Sharpay Evans from the High School Musical movies was my IDOL.

Maybe you're thinking that I sound "stuck up" or "self-centered."

Hell yes.

I love myself, and I will never apologize for it. I demand excellence. My mother (an equally dramatic individual) never allowed anyone to take advantage of her; therefore, I will NEVER allow anyone to push me over. She never allowed me to become privileged, yet we both achieved a certain level of coveted flamboyance.

The word "Dramatic" means to be sudden and striking (at least according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary). I walk in to a room and I want to strike fear into your heart. No, I don't want you to fear me but I want you to fear what will happen if you mess with me. For me, being dramatic is a quality overlooked. It is a quality that is downplayed and used as an insult. That ends now. Being dramatic is the only way to get ahead. Being dramatic helps boost your confidence. Being dramatic lets others know that you are vibrant, alive, and unafraid.

Being dramatic doesn't mean that you don't love others. It doesn't mean that you litter the streets with golden trash and it certainly doesn't mean that you're a self centered jerk that can only comprehend situations that pertain to you and you only.

So, you wonder, "How do I explain to others that I'm just dramatic?"

You don't. Let it be.

If you've reached the title of dramatic, you're doing it right.

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."

Playwright Sean O'Casey thought it best to remain dramatic. In life, you'll never be given a script, so you better go big or go home.