All I Have Is Simply Advice

All I Have Is Simply Advice

23 years, and this is what I will tell you.

107
All I Have Is Simply Advice
imaginaryfoundation

As I enter my last phase of college, I can only look back and think about what I've done as a human and the ambiguous aspect that college brings. Through this years, I've experienced the realest parts of life as well as the superficial notions. It is important to state that advice and being able to communicate effectively are heavily required in order to proceed in a progressive manner.

I am currently 23 years old and at this age, I have really experienced a sense of reflection. I am no longer the reckless "21" and essentially, every birthday after is more of a check point to me. I often think about how people don't even make it to 23 and whether or not I am living correctly.

Is that not a thought we all have? If what we are doing at this very moment is the truly correct path we are supposed to be on.

Emotions play a central role in creating who we are as individuals and as a collective. As much as we can blame the 1 percent or whoever it is that we chose to blame, the collective of the people ultimately decide the way the world will go. I've thought about this tremendously as people bicker and build more animosity for Donald Trump. Personally, yes, I was a bit shocked and confused when Trump was elected but at the end of the day, we the people chose him to be our leader. And it is only digressive to continue to refute the inevitable.

What I've ascertained is that, for the most part, the world consists of a selfish mindset. Many people exclaim how they want to "make it" which, in my eyes, is simply an evolutionary statement to the "American Dream".

With all this preconceived belief, I think that it is my job to try and pause our routine consciousness. I think for the most part, not many people truly understand the beauty in living and the natural aesthetic this world offers.

I'm not a perfect human being and in no way will I ever try to be. But what I've learned is that spreading love and making those you care about happy. There are so many simple things we overlook as a species. I want to break this mold in believing that "normalcy" is acceptable.

I genuinely believe that everyone in their own way, is magical and amazing. I've had countless conversations over a simple cigarette with people that have millions in their bank account to people that only have the clothes on their backs. Through this, I've learned that regardless of what status a person is, laughter is universal as well as happiness.

I used to fantasize about being famous. I used to think money and power and recognition was what I aspired for. Until I became an "adult" and realized that it's all a fairy tale. It isn't about what you have or how big this or that is. It's about the character you present to society and it's about leaving a mark once we leave.

A famous quote I like to abide by, as much as it's cliche, is "What we do in this life, echoes in eternity."

I think about this sentiment quite a bit. In my free time, as I study or play video games. When I'm with friends or if I'm with strangers, I think about how every action creates a reaction.

One of my favorite movies to date is Cloud Atlas. A big underlying theme to that movie is how the simplest choices and decisions create ripple effects and how these ripple effects are what create tidal waves.

With that being said, as a young man, preparing to enter the real world, I want to iterate the importance of positivity. In this selfishly consumed world, complimented by materialism, I want to combat it through natural truths.

These natural truths are that we all put our pants one leg at a time and that we all are capable of love.

Aldous Huxley writes how if we go about life with love, we shall receive love. And if we go about it with hate, it'll only be returned. This effectively transitions into my belief that we all have the ability to create our stories. We all have the ability to be the main character in our stories as well as produce the most amazing resolutions. With that being said, we also have the ability to make it the worst story ever and become the antagonist.

In this strange existence, choice is what differentiates humans from the rest of the animal kingdom.

My choice is to simply tell you, whoever it is that is reading, that I love you. And that I wish for the best result in your dilemma. I want you to know that you are important and you are worth it. I want you to know that the world needs you. Humans are most efficient as a team rather than independently. Everyone, for the most part, knows this. If you pause and think about all the amazing things we've done in history, the realizations never end. We built pyramids with our bare hands. We built sky scrapers. We built technology and the internet. We have produced unparalleled advancements in medicine and we now have the ability to connect with almost anyone in the world.

And with knowing all this, I want to make sure you know that without you, the world is lesser. Value yourself and find the ability to love. If you've forgotten, it will always be there. I'm simply the reminder that you can choose to be happy and that you can choose to become the most successful version of yourself. All you need to do is believe in yourself and remember that, regardless of what anyone will tell you, you are an amazing individual.

Let's make the most of our time here on Earth. It's quite short when placing in on the spectrum of time. It's almost that of a blink. Choose to make the blink, the best blink possible.

I love you.