Simple New Years Resolutions Anyone Can Achieve

Do it for you.

7

As we grow older, time really does seem to pass by faster and faster. Years go by in a blink of an eye, and we spend so much time stressing about ways we can improve our lives in the new year. New Year's resolutions can be great things. How could there be anything wrong with becoming a better person? However, we do not need a new year to improve ourselves to become the best us that we can be. But, since we have hyped up these resolutions so much, it is almost mandatory for everyone to come up with one to fit in with social norms. But let's not forget, we are trying to make these changes for us and nobody else. Here are five simple new years resolutions that anyone can achieve that are for the better of us.

1. Have the best day of your life.

We spend so much time complaining and worrying and being down on ourselves. Try changing up your attitude. Wake up in the morning every single day with the notion that you are going to live this day as if it is the best day of your whole entire life. Once you start doing that, it will soon be true. Every day will be the best day ever.

2. Smile at strangers.

Make your life better by enhancing the lives of others. One simple act of kindness, such as smiling at strangers as you pass them by, could really change someone's life. You never know what other people are going through, and a smile can mean the whole world. It will also increase your own happiness as well.

3. Treat Yourself.

Sure, saving money is not only important, but it is a necessity. However, we deserve to treat ourselves. And that doesn't always have to be with spending money. Treat yourself to some quiet time outside with a book. Treat yourself to a phone call with an old friend. Treat yourself to a nice long hot shower. You deserve it.

4. Donate Your Time.

There are so many struggles that we all go through, life gets hard. Sometimes, the best way to battle life is to give back to others. Donate time to people in need such as the elderly, the poor, the sick. Be kind and donate kindness, smiles, and love. The joy that you will bring others is so rewarding.

5. Be Your True Self.

And lastly, stop worrying about what others think of you. Do what makes you happy, whatever that may be. Take the time to learn about yourself and love yourself and be yourself. Once you start being true to yourself, your life will become the best life you have ever imagined.