You have at least one person in your life that is a people pleaser. They tend to go out of their way to make other people feel better and don't pay as much attention to themselves. Well now is the time to find out some thoughts that your people-pleasing friends have been urging to tell you.
1. We don’t actually want to do what you asked us to do
We just don't know how to say no without making you feel like crap.
2. We HATE conflict
We will probably back down in a conversation so it does escalate into an argument. It is also super stressful being the friend to try to keep the peace and keep everyone happy.
3. We may seem perfect, but we are far from it
Sometimes it seems like we have our whole life together, but we don't.
4. Our siblings are usually jealous of us
Moms always love the people pleaser! Our siblings may say they don't care, but they secretly do.
5. We think of the politest way to say ‘No’
6. Please do not make us the deciding factor in ANYTHING
7. We tend to overbook ourselves
We try to please everyone and do as many things as possible, but we tend to bite more off than we can chew.
8. At night we play through the day to see things we could have avoided, but didn’t
It raises some anxiety, honestly.
9. People just assume you’re a ‘go with the flow’ kind of person
We are the definition of the "Yes" Man!
10. We wish someone would think about us every once in a while.
We think about everyone else, but sometimes we want to be the one taken care of and pleased with what we want.