Signs Of A Toxic Relationship

Relationships can be tricky, and they can definitely change over time. When you first start dating someone, everything seems great, and hopefully, it stays that way. But, not always. Sometimes, relationships can turn toxic, and it's at that point that you may want to reevaluate whether or not you still want to be with that person. Here are five warning signs that are often strong indicators of a toxic relationship.

1. Your Significant Other Has Hired A Hitman To Take You Out

https://pixabay.com/photos/man-gun-military-army-soldier-war-4134645/

Unfortunately, if it seems like your significant other has hired a contract killer to murder you, then it may be time to reconsider your relationship. Maybe a strange man has been following you and is planning how best to take you out without anyone noticing, or maybe you noticed something peculiar on your bank statement involving a payment to an organized crime family. Either way, the moment that a hitman gets involved, your relationship probably cannot be saved.

2. Your Significant Other Keeps Trying To Run You Over With Their Car

https://pixabay.com/photos/bmw-car-front-sports-car-tuned-918408/

Maybe this doesn't seem like a sign to you, but if whenever you two leave the house, your significant other asks you to grab the newspaper at the end of the driveway, then violently gets in his or her car and starts speeding directly toward you at a high speed, toxicity may be in the air. Healthy relationships generally don't consist of repeated efforts by one person to run their partner over with their car. You don't have to think so if you don't want to, but it's something to think about.

3. Your Significant Other Is Trying To Steal All Money From Your Bank Account

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/dollar-money-finance-dollars-163473/

If your precious boyfriend or girlfriend has suddenly taken an intense interest in your bank information, it may be time to look at other relationship options, and probably change your online banking password. If they repeatedly keep asking for things like your account number or password, they may be trying to steal all of your money in an effort to move to an exotic foreign country with their new lover while also leaving you penniless. It's happened before, and it can really only mean one thing. Your relationship is, for lack of a better word, toxic.

4. Your Significant Other Keeps Taking Part In Satanic Rituals

https://pixabay.com/photos/goat-animal-horns-black-and-white-50290/

Most people would agree that a sudden interest in Satanic rituals is another indicator of a toxic relationship. If you start finding random animals around your house, such as pigs, goats, or rabbits, then discover that your significant other has been slaughtering the poor things and then offering them up as bloody sacrifices to the Prince of Darkness, well, then you may need to take some time to really think things through.

5. Your Significant Other Keeps Chasing You Around With A Knife

https://pixabay.com/vectors/knife-kitchen-sharp-restaurant-1088529/

This is another great way to tell whether your relationship is worth investing any more time into. If you get home from work and your significant other starts madly chasing you around the house with a knife while screaming about how you two will be together forever, things may already be over. The second that calm nights watching Netflix turn into horrifying pursuits that make you fear for your life, it may be too late for you two.

When it comes down to it, these signs can be a great indicator that, well, your relationship may not be as healthy as it once was. If you only notice one or two of these signs, then maybe things can still be salvaged. I mean, an occasional attempt to brutally stab you to death may not seem like a big deal, and maybe it isn't. But when you start to notice the majority of these signs occurring, and when they start to appear more and more often, then your relationship is likely toxic, and it may be time to really consider whether staying together is the best thing for both of you in the long run. But then again, good luck breaking up with someone who has already been trying to kill you.