Signs You Work At A Baseball Stadium

Signs You Work At A Baseball Stadium

Because it's more than just selling peanuts and crackerjacks.

206
Signs You Work At A Baseball Stadium
Wallpaper Cave

Working at a baseball stadium is a unique job. No other part time work can give you quite the experience that a ballpark will. While working at one may not require as much knowledge of the game of baseball as one may think, it does require speed, people skills, and a whole lot of patience. You probably work or have worked at a baseball stadium if you can relate to one or more of these:

1. You know all the words to Take Me Out To The Ballgame by heart

“So let’s root, root, root, for the *insert the name of the team that plays at the stadium you work at if it’s two syllables long*”

2. You have to mentally prepare yourself for the rush of people that swarm the concourse when the gates to the stadium open

Literally, why are you here an entire hour before the game even starts??

3. “I’m sorry; I can help you as soon as the national anthem is over”

Every. Single. Game. *awkwardly stands there with your hand over your heart as a fan grows increasingly impatient*

4. You’re always on the lookout for or fearing being hit by a foul ball

Those things literally can go anywhere. No location on the concourse is safe.

5. You never want to eat a ballpark hot dog again in your life

Being able to grab a dog on the job was cool for about five or six games. Now you can barely stand to even look at one.

6. People expect you to know the score and who won the game last night

I have no freaking clue; I was working the entire time. And don’t ask me how players X, Y, or Z are doing this season. I don’t know.

7. You have a just about the weirdest work schedule there is

“I’m off for a week, then I work for 3 days, then I’m off one day, then work the next 6”

8. You get secondhand embarrassment from all the fans who do stupid stuff to get on the big screen

Your five seconds of fame were five seconds of pure uncomfortable for me sir.

9. You measure time in innings and outs

“There’ s 2 outs in the bottom on the 6th, the home team is winning which means *fingers crossed* no bottom of the ninth. That means there’s two and a half innings left. Each half of an inning takes about 15 minutes which means there’s 75 minutes left ‘til the game is over and I can go home” Easy math.

10. You know what the mascot looks like under the giant fuzzy costume

Everybody at the game knows him as the big goofy character that harasses the other teams’ players, but you just know him as Steve.

11. You pray to the baseball gods whenever the game is tied that it doesn’t go into extras

You don’t even care who scores, somebody better just get a run because you’re not trying to work another 4 innings. And when it does go into extras, your reaction is pretty simialr to this:

12. You either have a different job or no job from September to April

If it’s the former, it’s probably not as cool as working at an actual baseball stadium. And if it’s the latter, you’re a pro at stretching your paychecks to last you in the off season.