7 Signs That You're Doing More Than OK

7 Signs That You're Doing More Than OK

As college students, we ask ourselves "am I really OK?"

237
7 Signs That You're Doing More Than OK

As a college student, life can go from one extreme to the next, just overnight. I think that during the highs and lows, we find ourselves asking, "am I really okay?" For example, one minute we are staying up until 3 AM full of regret while studying for our 8 AM test, and the next minute we are checking off to-do's in our planner after a successful week. Some days we find ourselves in bed watching Netflix instead and exhibiting signs of complete introverts, while the next day we are the life of the party, surrounded by our best friends. Some weeks we follow our food plans and control our portion sizes, while other weeks we eat Mcdonald's nuggets (every single day). There really is no in between and we can't help but think "am I doing this life right?" However, amidst the complete chaos of college, here are some signs that you're doing more than OK:

1. You know when it is time to prioritize.

It is completely alright to be a responsible adult Monday through Friday and avoid all responsibilities on the weekends. In fact, it's normal. As college kids, we are consistently stressed with school work, deadlines and maintaining our health and social lives all while prepping to be released into the real world, so this behavior is beyond normal. As long as you can make the right decisions about the things and people who are important to you when it is necessary, letting go of responsibilities for a day or so is more than okay.

2. You are self-motivated.

You understand your intentions. When you want to sit down and study for three hours, you do so. When you want to procrastinate and watch Netflix, you do it intentionally. You find your own motivation, whether it's motivation to be productive or lazy (because you need both). However, more often than not, you don't find yourself suffering from FOMO or caving when your friends try to make plans. As long as you are motivating yourself and following through on your actions, you've conquered half the battle of life! Providing yourself with your own motivation and intentions will help you become your own person who can make decisions and find motivation in life.

3. You ask yourself, "am I really OK?"

You think this every day. "Am I really OK? I need an adult-ier adult to help me out." In reality, if you are wondering if you're okay, you will be. The fact that you are concerned about your well-being is a sign that you're truly doing more than OK.

4. You know how to function on your own (for the most part).

Of course, you call your mom multiple times a day. However, on the off-chance that she doesn't answer, you know how to handle obstacles that come your way. She is really just there for moral support because you're pretty capable when it comes to the long run. You know the basics of cooking, which is really all you need to stay alive, right?

5. You're not worried about how other people perceive you.

You're past the high school phase. You no longer do things to impress or please other people because you realize you're setting goals for yourself. Obviously, you care what your professors and other professionals that you run into on campus think of you, but you're no longer worrying about what strangers or people from the past think about what you're doing.

6. A majority of your habits are normal.

Do you sleep at night? Do you eat meals three times a day, around the usual times of lunch, breakfast, and dinner? In college, it's important to develop a schedule. Even though it may not seem like it, if you have a schedule that isn't too far off of the beaten path, you are A-OK.

7. You're comfortable, but not content.

You realize that college is a stage, but not a destination. You're comfortable with the person you've become, your daily life, and habits, however, you are well-aware that you have so much more room to grow.

So, the next time that you ask yourself "am I OK?" remember that that question is very common. Actually, you're in the majority of college students and we are all going to be A-OK!