10 Unmistakable Signs You've Found True Love

I'm lucky to be in love with my best friend.

5499
Meghan Reily

Many people confuse the meaning of what true love is. When we think of love, we think of flowers, romantic dates, and chocolates. Although those things are very important in a relationship, there is so much more that defines what true love is. Love isn't about what all a person gives you, it is about the day-to-day interactions that keep a couple growing. People can frequently mistake the meaning of love, so here are a few characteristics that help portray what true love is.

1. You do things to bring happiness to your partner without expecting something in return.

Your boyfriend or girlfriend's happiness means everything to you, and you will do anything for that person to be happy. You love making that person smile, and even if you don't get something in return, their happiness is beyond special.

2. You both have become better people.

Throughout any obstacle that crosses your path, your relationship consists of growing and getting back up when you fall down. Someone who truly loves you will help guide you towards success and will never put harm in your way. True love is being there for each other and helping each other become better people.

3. You don't feel the need to change the other person.

True love is accepting that person for who they really are. You may not agree with some of the things they say or do, but you always encourage that person because you love them for who they are.

4. You feel at home with him.

Whenever you are with him, you know that you are at home. Your heart feels safe with that person because you know you will always be protected.

5. You can be yourself with him.

When someone loves you for who you are, you never have to pretend to be somebody you aren't. Knowing that you can be yourself and not have to hide the way God made you is what true love is.

6. You can tell each other anything.

True love is when you can tell each other anything and everything. There are no secrets and no lies. When you have found true love, you know that no matter what it may be, you know that you can trust your person with anything.

7. You're both supportive of each others' goals and views.

You'll know when your relationship is good for you because it will enhance your life, not complicate your life. Your person will be supportive of whatever it is you may have your mind set on. He or she will not put you down, but they will always walk with you and support anything that comes into your life.

8. The way he or she looks at you.

If your partner looks at you in a way you've never been looked at, this is how you know that person loves you. The way that person will look at you is such an amazing feeling. It is something that leaves me speechless because it is beyond powerful and the greatest feeling. When you have found that, you know you have found true love.

9. You feel blessed everyday.

When you're with someone you truly love, you will know that that person is one of the greatest blessings that God has brought into your life. You wonder how you became so lucky to have the man or woman that was brought to you, and all you can feel is thankful and blessed. When you have this strong feeling of gratitude, you'll know that he or she is the one.

10. You can picture yourself growing old with that person.

When you know it is true love, you know you have found your soul mate. You want this love now and forever because it's what makes you both a whole. Your soulmate is someone that you cannot picture yourself without and you know you will grow old with that person.